At the core of T-Mobile’s successful Un-Carrier disruption of the wireless industry is a nationwide network, award-winning customer service, and a multifaceted group of software developers. T-Mobile’s Product & Technology (P&T) organization is looking for team members who are passionate about mobile development and are interested in full-stack development!
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will work with a team of other software developers and network and systems engineers to design, implement, and deploy software which meet customer’s requirements, scales easily, removes the limitations of traditional networking solutions, and supports deployment in highly available environments.
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer in the P&T organization, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Build data persistence solutions for software products, with the chance to work with and learn multiple data stores (including Postgres, Mongo, Redis, Cassandra) as well as event streaming platforms (including RabbitMQ, Kafka, SQS)
- Lead the end-to-end solution with the team, from unit tests to CI/CD pipelines to deployments to monitoring and security.
- Go broad AND deep: work on front-ends and back-ends, automate tests and infrastructure, build CI/CD pipelines
- Not just write code, but learn what it takes to deliver your code to production and explore extending your skills into site and system reliability areas of focus!
- Learn and help others learn modern practices such as test-driven development, pair programming, automation, async communication, and more
- Contribute to and learn patterns to build reliable n-tier architectures
- Sharpen your skills by getting hands-on with your team at all levels of the stack – and all parts of the process
- Grow your skills as an engineer by collaborating with peers in an organization that defaults to InnerSource development principles.
- 3+ years’ professional experience designing and developing solutions on two or more of the following (MySQL, Postgres, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, SQL, Python, Spark, Databricks, PowerBI, Azure, and generic web development).
- 3+ years’ Application / Database Development Experience.
- 3+ years’ professional experience using 2 or more development languages or tools (e.g. – Python, Node.js, J2EE Application Framework, T-SQL etc.).
- Has DevOp experience in Terraform, Ansible, AWS, or Azure. Data Analytic or Cloud finance experience would be a huge bonus.
- Professional experience designing and developing applications on one operating system (Linux or Windows) or designing complex multi-tiered applications
- Looking for someone that is passionate about technology and who can learn and pickup new technology quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent education and work experience required
- Completion of a coding bootcamp or certification program (or equivalent proven coding skill)
• May require up to 10% of domestic overnight travel within the region, and occasional trips to the Bellevue Headquarters.