We have an opening for a hands-on 3D graphics engineering leader, with hands-on experience in real-time web & mobile 3D graphics to lead an innovative 3D graphics roadmap. In this role you will coordinate and drive major tracks of 3D graphics innovation:
- real-time web & mobile graphics that push the envelope of realism & engagement
- shadow & illumination algorithms using depth maps, photography & local lighting
- large-scale 3D asset baking & conditioning pipelines for 500,000+ PBR model LODs
- high-performance cloud renders for batch & on-demand photorealistic renders
- high-volume synthetic CGI ground truth data pipelines for AI neural network training
This position requires deep depth and breadth of 3D graphics technology theory & practice, creative problem solving skills, production software development experience, emotionally-intelligent leadership skills, and appreciation for visual aesthetics.
Note this role is an advanced technology position, NOT a 3D modelling or animation role, and it is NOT sufficient experience to be a Unity or Unreal developer. Candidates will need to be very familiar with the internals of 3D graphics algorithms, and be capable of developing rendering methods from foundational theory.
For the right candidate this could be a dream job, advancing the state of the art of graphics realism, for an influential app used by millions around the globe.
Our headquarters is located in downtown Mountain View, California, and we will be opening an office in central Seattle. Working from one of our office locations is preferred (once public health conditions permits), but experienced candidates who are able to work and lead effectively while remote, will be considered for fully remote work.
- Join a mission-driven R&D lab, developing compelling experiences for hundreds of millions of users around the globe.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and creative team of computer vision, AI, computational photography, AR, graphics, and design professionals.
- Excellent health & retirement benefits.
- Fully remote work available, but must be able to work on USA Pacific Time.
- Headquartered in Mountain View, California, in the heart of the Castro Street downtown — an easy walk from restaurants, coffee shops, the Stevens Creek Trail, and Caltrain commuter rail. Central Seattle office planned for the Fall.
- Location is flexible – experienced candidates may work from any location, as long as you have reliable internet access and can work most hours of a Pacific Time work day.