The Execution Services Technology team is responsible for systems that trade almost all global equities, options and futures order flow within the firm. Our products cover Algorithms, Smart Routing, Crossing, Client and Exchange Connectivity, Portals, and Analytics and service all global businesses including Cash Equities, Equity Derivatives, Portfolio Trading, Risk and Statistical Arbitrage, Broker Dealers, Prime Brokerage, Private Client, and Futures & Options.
Our systems are also being leveraged across other asset classes, including Commodities, Credit, FX, and Rates.
Our team is focused, collaborative, and driven. We are looking for suitable candidates to join the Futures and Options Electronic Trading Technology team to work on a variety of projects and products.
This role is for a Applications Support/ Site Reliability Engineer within the Futures and Options team in Houston with additional Project Management duties. This role will encompass several key areas, ranging from: requirements gathering from business, technology, risk and control stakeholders; liaising with regional exchanges for upcoming changes; review application impacts and design technical solutions with our application developers; participation in all aspects of electronic trading development from design and build to deployment with a focus on infrastructure, administrative, operational tasks; and lead project delivery from initiation to production go-live.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Strong analytical development skills, solid understanding of computer science fundamentals.
* Proficiency in using a scripting language such as Python
* Good knowledge of Unix/Linux commands and shell scripting
* Good understanding of FIX and other financial messaging protocols is preferred
* Hands-on experience troubleshooting Production issues with business and technical stakeholders
* Experience in test automation and tools
* Experience with GIT, Jira, Confluence, Wiki
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
* Manage documentation, specifications, and design documents
* Handle release management, such as integrating changes into release tickets for various applications and coordinating/communicating with stakeholders
* Share responsibility of support for Dev, UAT, and Production with teammates
* Work across entire software development lifecycle – requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, deployment, handover to support teams.
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans