Chewy is hiring an Associate Director, Software Engineering for our Customer Platforms team in Boston. This team is responsible for the applications used by CS agents to provide best in class customer service to our customers. As an AD, you will be responsible for a team of engineers who will be involved in delivering tools and insights to create a “7-star” experience for CS.
This is a high-profile position that will have exposure across business and product teams, influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design and features for Customer Platforms. This role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the US.
What you’ll do:
- Build a team of high performing engineers focused on the insights and actions surfaced to the CS agents through the CSR Buddy tool.
- Mentor and grow the team for success by creating tailored Individual Development Plans and team goals.
- Drive technical decisions and work with your product owners to manage backlogs in support of multiple teams within the Chewy CS org.
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams.
- Identify and manage priorities within the context of overall Chewy objectives.
- Work with others in Engineering Management to drive best practices in software development, testing, and production deployment.
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrated history of implementing and managing significant software development projects
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development as a software engineer
- 7+ years of experience in Engineering Management
- Proven delivery experience working under an Agile/Scrum methodology
- E-commerce experience
- Java ecosystem experience
- AWS ecosystem experience
- Experience managing managers
- Experience with e-commerce & call-center applications