The impact you can have
As a member of the SonarQube team, you’ll be a key player in making SonarQube the best tool for Code Quality and Security, providing new features that help our users write better software, and delivering a high quality and amazingly powerful and popular open-source product.
You will have the opportunity to see your features coming to life in Production, with short iteration loops. Having the roadmap and business priorities in mind, you will be able to choose what you focus on.
On a daily basis, you will
- Develop new features and maintain existing ones in SonarQube
- Work with Product Managers and UX designers to specify new features
- Work with agile methodologies
- Interact with our community on our product forum to support them and integrate their feedback
- Contribute to the definition of the team’s short and long term goals
The skills you will demonstrate
- Developing in Java with clean and maintainable code, having design patterns and architecture in mind
- Doing constructive code reviews
- Design APIs and third-party integrations
- Good knowledge of relational databases
- Implementing features using functional increments, with a short feedback loop
- Taking initiative and having the ability to lead a subject from beginning to end
- Open-minded and very positive can-do attitude
- Comfortable in dealing with change and complexity
- Being able to explain complex technical subjects to non-technical colleagues
Self-confident enough to challenge the status quo as well as to give & receive feedback, following radical candor guidelines
In addition to our main office in Geneva, this position is also available remotely, as long as there is a substantial overlap with the Geneva workday (i.e. available between Central European Time +/- 2 hours).
How to perform during interviews
If you want to have an overview of the hiring process and maximize your chances to pass, feel free to check our Interview Preparation Guide!
Words from the team
As a team, we build best-in-class software and add technical capabilities to max out other teams’ contributions to the product, in order to deliver the SonarQube roadmap in a timely manner. We manage to cut dependencies, as we are collaborating with Backend and Frontend developers, UX designers, a Documentation geek, a Release Engineer and a DevOps specialist.
By best-in-class software, we mean our software should be robust, secure, scalable, operable, maintainable, usable and reliable.
By joining us, you will be part of an autonomous team that has a direct impact on the product, that owns and defines its best way of building cool things and having fun together, and that is always evolving.
Come meet us!