Hemnet has 65 million visits every month. People come to us to find joy, inspiration and – most important – their new homes. As a developer at Hemnet you will face fun challenges when developing ideas for products affecting people’s lives in a positive way. Our team Consider & Contact is now looking for a new colleague.
Product development at Hemnet
The product development teams at Hemnet are self-propelled and cross-functional, which means that you’ll be part of the entire product development cycle. We work data-driven in close collaboration with each other – exploring, testing and iterating. Thanks to our large amount of traffic, we quickly validate against real data and learn from new insights. As a fullstack developer in our team you will:
- Be an important part of a cross-functional team with joint product responsibility – together we bring the product forward.
- Make quick decisions with an experimental approach.
- Develop and maintain our products from idea/vision to production.
- Be part of an agile team where continuous improvement and continuous delivery are part of everyday work life.
- Work in a friendly and caring company culture where transparency, work-life balance and well-being are high up on the company’s agenda.
Team Consider & Contact
You will work in a product development team with a product manager, two other product developers, an UX designer, digital analysts and a development manager. The team’s mission is to provide our consumers with all relevant information needed to evaluate the property market and their next home. Team Consider & Contact is, among other things, developing features providing all relevant information around our for sale properties, working on how to get in touch with property agents, and logged in features such as notifications and saved properties.
As a fullstack developer in team Consider & Contact you will contribute to all stages in the product life cycle: design, implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance. Together with us you will have the ability to have a big impact on what we build and how we build it, as each team is in control of their own product decisions.
Our team is responsible for the entire tech stack: backend, frontend, web and app and we believe that the best code is written together and therefore we like to collaborate through mob- and pair programming. As a team, we work towards goals and in doing so we believe in sharing both success and failure, we learn from our mistakes.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is an experienced developer with an understanding of modern product development, preferably with short iterations and experience of experimental and data-driven ways of working.
- Has a passion for building great consumer products.
- Has the personal drive to constantly learn and develop within your role.
- Puts extra effort in code reviews to ensure quality and knowledge transfer.
- Is a true team player.
- Appreciate a good work-life balance.
Our tech stack
- Ruby (Rails)
Are some technologies new to you? No problemo! We believe that great developers can pick up new technologies quickly and we support learning as we go.
As one of our ~ 35 developers…
… you’ll have an audience of several million users. We believe in fast iterations and try to deploy as often as possible. Having this much traffic allows us to run efficient user testing where we often get results within a couple of days.
We share and develop our knowledge through breakfast discussions, lab weeks, brown bag lunches, and training to help you grow in your role.
If this sounds interesting and you want to join Sweden’s largest property portal and take it to the next level – send us your application today and let’s talk more!
Want to read more about everyday work life at Hemnet and how we work with product development? Check our blog: https://jobba.hemnet.se/blog