Title : Blockchain DevOps Engineering Lead (Vice President) , Onyx, by J.P. Morgan
We have an exciting opportunity in our Blockchain Innovation group, supporting Onyx, by J.P. Morgan. As a DevOps Engineering Lead you will lead efforts to help the blockchain team in supporting multiple blockchain networks. In this role, you’ll be working with the global blockchain engineering team to build a scalable and flexible support model to support the production platform, pipeline, monitoring, analytics and reporting.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Deep understanding of the DevOps philosophy, technologies, platforms and tools, SLA management, incident resolution, and automation.
* Mastery of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Command of architecture, design and business processes with a keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
* Hands on experience managing operations of large-scale internet-centric production environments for application or infrastructure services.
* Prior experience in large scale distributed applications , where uptime and continuous availability was core to the business.
* Identify and partner with Infrastructure teams and AD teams to implement automation opportunities to drive down time to market and support effort.
* Apply standards of cloud compliance to application design to achieve reliability
* Understanding of Networking and cloud technologies, for example Security, Load Balancing, Network routing protocols.
* Provides Production support and participates in support rota including weekend.
* Leads failure analysis / root cause analysis when required
* Provides support to develop & improve the quality of technical engineering documentation
* Provides support to drive the maturity of the software development lifecycle
* Provides technical supervision, oversight and problem resolution for support activities
* Provides technical expertise in evaluating new support, analytics and BI reporting tools.
* Provides quality control of engineering deliverables
* Perform scripting to develop various utility/devops tools for automation of repeatable/mundane tasks and earlier detection of application symptoms.
* Champion a DevOps model so that services are automated and elastic across all platforms
* Supports management of relationships with technology vendors
* Responsible for coaching and mentoring less experienced team members.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent technical field
* 10+ years in a Developer/Support role in a mission critical distributed application environment
* Proven experience in the area of people management on globally distributed operation teams
* In-Depth OS experience (RHEL, Ubuntu, Windows Server) with strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
* Experience in site reliability engineering in one of the following languages: Python, Java, PowerShell, shell scripting or GO
* Hand-on experience with cloud-based technologies and tools especially in deployment, monitoring and operations, such as Prometheus, Splunk, Elasticsearch, Grafana
* Strong working knowledge of modern development technologies and tools such Agile, CI/CD, Git, Terraform and Jenkins.
* Deep knowledge of Internet protocols and web services technologies such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/UDP, SOAP, JSON and REST
* Good understanding of networking protocols and cybersecurity best practices in cloud environment
* AWS certification is highly desirable
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans