We are the fastest growing omnichannel supermarket in the Netherlands. If you think we can improve, then we are looking for you!
Jumbo aims to inspire the food experience of our customers. We do this online, in our stores, in our food markets and in our restaurants. We want to be where our customers are, helping our customers throughout the Jumbo journey and turn our customers into fans. Jumbo embraces an omnichannel strategy that focuses on the wishes of our customers.
Currently, we are building a Cloud Engineering (CE) team that will be working together with the development teams. Within that team, we are looking for a cloud architect that will guide the team and our suppliers to take technical ownership over infrastructure, cloud tenants, security and DevOps tooling according to Jumbo standards. One of our bigger challenges is moving the Jumbo IT systems to the cloud.
This role will focus on design, implementation, lifecycle management (operations) and technical infrastructure for our cloud services. You take responsibility for non-functional requirements like scalability, performance, manageability, availability, recoverability and security.
What are you going to do?
- Build a cloud architecture practice, creating a well-integrated, well-documented stack of cloud standardized services and relevant tooling using the mantra ‘prepare and design once, use often’.
- Build a plan to move the Jumbo IT systems to the cloud, manage our teams and suppliers to execute and implement operational governance for the infrastructure.
- Create a roadmap for the infrastructure and technical services to our stores and embed life cycle management together with our suppliers.
- Working with various suppliers, other departments and teams, you will develop a security practice for cloud services.
Do you have the Jumbo DNA?
You are a front runner on technology. You are able to convince our colleagues of your view on DevOps, Infra-as-Code Tooling and Cloud services. Building a new practice is in your DNA. You speak and write English fluently, and can tick all the following boxes:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer / Software Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 8 years of experience as an Infrastructure Engineer, Cloud Engineer or DevOps Engineer.
- A background in networking and/or security
- Experience with at least one public cloud: AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Experience with multiple DevOps tools for CI/CD, Code Repositories and Automation.
You facilitate coding for food
Shaping the future of online food retail is a challenging job. You’ll get plenty of space to develop your own initiatives and lots of opportunities to grow, both personally and in your area of expertise. Luckily, you’ll be surrounded by the best and brightest talents to share your ideas, knowledge and memes with.
Of course, you will receive a competitive salary and great working conditions. But even more important:
- We value your code more than your dress code;
- We are a food retailer so of course, you can have a delicious lunch in our food café;
- We are a family company so we want you to become part of our Jumbo Tech Campus family;
- We will give you 30 days of holidays a year, so you can enjoy your well-deserved free time;
- We offer a working environment in which you can learn, grow and have lots of fun!