The CIB Banking Technology team are looking for a Data Product Owner with experience in designing and implementing intuitive, analytics-driven data solutions for users. The role will be responsible for design, analysis, and program management for features in the third party data platform on AWS Cloud within Client Intelligence. The right candidate will join a small and focused team of dual-role Product Owner / Business Analysts across Asia, EMEA, and North America.
User engagement, process and workflow analysis, and data analysis are essential features in our design process. The role will have significant connectivity with upstream data providers and directly with stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in analysis and be able to demonstrate product ownership skills. We are looking for a well-rounded and detail-focused technologist, with innovative problem solving and lateral thinking skills.
Required Skills to be considered for this role:
* Minimum of 7 years of experience in business analysis, preferably in technical business analysis with large datasets on Cloud.
* Demonstrable experience in strategy and/or product ownership
* Undertake analysis of complex third party datasets combined with internal data.
* Experience with AWS Cloud and Data Lakes on AWS.
* Design solutions in partnership with stakeholders, and your software engineering feature team
* Define the delivery of features for a multi-component program of work by articulating user-stories, writing functional and non-functional requirement documents, and executing a go-to-market (launch and feedback) plan
* Serve as the subject matter expert for certain data sets.
* Hold the role of Product Owner in Agile ceremonies, working with your feature team to prioritise work to ensure delivery, and thinking laterally to resolve blockers
* Ensuring appropriate use of data in features and continuous improvement of data standards
* Perform reporting duties on business effort across the program
* Ensure features delivered on the platform are valuable to end-users and contribute to the program’s objectives and key results by monitoring the success of deliverables, and influence the roadmap with iterations that will provide continued improvement
* Ability to design backend (workflow / data) features for a platform
* Experience working on the implementation or development of an enterprise technology platform
* Understanding of data flows and data management (e.g. reference data, structured/unstructured data, big data, etc)
* Ability to map and critique a workflow.
* Experience of the full SDLC
* Ability to articulate complex issues concisely, communicating effectively and comfortably with senior stakeholders
* Ability to face off to very demanding stakeholders, managing their expectations in a fast paced environment
* First class communication and presentation skills
About JPMorgan Chase – Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB)
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
Working as a Technologist in JPMorgan Chase & Co.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans