SonarCloud is an online service to eliminate bugs and vulnerabilities, and champion quality code in the software development process. It is already a standard product that extends Github, Bitbucket, and Azure DevOps. Our goal is to make it the ultimate online automatic code analysis solution and get it adopted by millions of users for millions of projects and billions of lines of code.
The team behind SonarCloud is looking for a talented developer passionate about turning SonarCloud into a cloud-native application. You will be part of an autonomous team without a manager. You will choose what to work on.
The Impact you can have
The team behind SonarCloud is composed of passionate developers who are progressively re-architecting SonarCloud to a pure cloud-native application composed of multiple services, in order to deliver great new features more fluently. By joining us, you will leverage your experience and expertise to bring SonarCloud to its next stage of evolution to delight our users and customers.
This means implementing massively scalable services, automating all systems operations, measuring, and continuously improving the service quality. To achieve this goal, we are looking for talented Cloud Engineers.
On a daily basis, you will
- Evolve and operate SonarCloud with automation and scalability in mind
- Continuously and proactively enhance the architecture design and implementation, taking into account Performance, Security, DRP and Cost
- Do sprints with an integrated (DevOps) team
- Perform and automate operational tasks such as deployments with a DevOps mindset
- Push your new features into production
- Deliver exemplar proof of concepts to evidence solutions designs are fit for purpose
- Increase validation testing across the DevOps lifecycle for a cloud-native platform
- Document as-is and future state solutions to ensure evergreen documentation is maintained.
- Collaborate with SREs to enhance operational resilience, scalability and observability
- Collaborate with various stakeholders (CTO, Data related roles, Release engineers, etc.) to make sure solutions fit into the SonarSource ecosystem
- Document and share reusable building blocks
- Investigate alarms, issues and incidents when escalated
- Own testability of the infrastructure (deploy, validate, tear-down)
- Maintain physical and logical plans
- Take planned steps to ensure that SonarSource operates within a given region and account limits to ensure scalability.
- Make effort to participate in resilience and scalability tests in Performance environments to stay ahead of growth inhibitors.
- Own AWS Well-Architected Reviews and Trusted Advisor finding a resolution
The skills you will demonstrate
- You have a Prod-oriented, AWS Cloud background and believe in having DevOps profiles working together as a tightly-knit team. You are motivated by both technical and functional aspects of services.
- You also have experience in supporting customer-facing production services with good security practices. You are trained to and believe in leveraging managed services.
- You are a friendly, listening, enthusiastic, and organized team player. You actively share your knowledge, give and receive feedback, to improve the team and yourself.
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken
- You have solid experience with architecture: experiences with delivering cloud-native applications, architecture modeling, and implementation on AWS
- You see yourself as a cloud engineer who knows how to implement the blueprints you designed. You are motivated by both technical and functional aspects of services. You understand the value of code over presentations and see yourself as an engineer at heart
- Robust multi-year experience with AWS implementations, and automation of the deployment
- Strong understanding of software development practices (quality, testing (unit, functional and resilience) and CI/CD
- Strong experience with Infrastructure as Code, CloudFormation (YAML), and/or the CDK python library is a plus. Prior experience with Terraform is a benefit
- Experience with AWS Well-Architected Review and/or AWS certification is very important
- Developing in Python, Bash with clean code is a must. Java is a plus
- Enjoys exploring new technologies
- Experience on Azure and GCP is a plus
- Comfortable with agile practices and principles (as an example working in sprints)
- Open-minded, very positive can-do attitude
- Comfortable in dealing with change and complexity
- Self-confident enough to challenge the status quo as well as receive feedback
- A DevOps mindset is a must-have
- Familiarity with the AWS Builders Library is a benefit
SonarSource is a company with offices in Geneva (Switzerland) and Annecy (France) and Bochum (Germany). The role can be based in either of these offices.
How to perform during interviews
If you want to have an overview of the hiring process and maximize your chances to pass, feel free to check our Interview Preparation Guide!
Words from the Team
We come from different backgrounds, and countries, and have diverse skills and personalities with a DevOps mindset. We are a group of 20+ people having fun at work. We build and run SonarCloud: together we are the SonarCloud team!