Do you like to execute on large scale, transformative, mission critical products and capabilities that are revolutionizing the way businesses extract value from their data? Are you looking to grow your skills in system architecture, software development, data, AI/ML and analytics in a fast moving, complex and challenging environment? Are you curious about how things break, so that you can eliminate these failure modes? Are you driven to deliver quality software to eliminate toil by driving agile best practices and automation techniques? Are you a proven leader able to motivate and align teams against common goals and practices to drive execution?
If so, we would love to have you in our Merchant Services Data Engineering team.
Your experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. As a constant learner and early adopter, you’re already embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies; your example encourages others to follow suit. In addition to creating solutions with your in-house team, you’ll also work alongside our team of technologists from around the world who are just as dedicated as you are.
Merchant Services is investing in a global leadership position in the rapidly evolving payments landscape with an aggressive transformation agenda. This multi-year, firm-wide strategy will build customer-centric payments solutions for business clients. It’s a unique opportunity to build a modern product suite on a cloud-based, big data platform at an enterprise scale. In addition, the agile operating model aligns product owners, designers, and engineers to rapidly bring-to-market new product features. As a result, this transformation team will leverage the power of the firm to help clients expand globally with speed, efficiency, and innovation.
We are developing a core set of data management capabilities to drive JPMorgan businesses into the latest Cloud constructs and open new and exciting business opportunities driven by deep data analytics. These capabilities are focused on solving complex data management and consumption use cases in a consistent way to drive business velocity and value from JPMorgan’s extensive data assets. Both Public and Private Cloud constructs are used to ensure appropriate capabilities are available, allowing the businesses to leverage the latest AI/ML and Analytics tools in pursuit of insights that will drive growth. This is an exciting opportunity to join a world class firm and help shape the future!
We are seeking Engineering Director to join a rapidly expanding team to help drive this effort – key responsibilities would include:
* Partnering with cross-business teams to solve complex business problems and accelerate data analytics capabilities on Cloud
* Motivating team members to work effectively in scrum teams and across different business and tech support functions to achieve common goals
* Working with Leadership, Product Management and Architecture to ensure alignment of priorities and execution against committed goals
* Working to solve large scale, highly complex business challenges that unlock the rapid, controlled consumption of the firm’s rich data assets
* Encourage innovation and creative problem solving
* Running an expanding number of scrum teams and driving best practice into day-today operations
* Building an inclusive working environment where everyone feels comfortable contributing, valued, challenged, empowered and supported so they can achieve their potential
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* 10+ years’ experience in complex Software Engineering initiatives
* Expertise on building data platforms on AWS Cloud and Data Analytics engineering solutions
* Applying standards of cloud compliance to application design to achieve reliability
* Experience in large scale companies/technologies, where uptime and continuous availability was core to the busines
* Hands on experience on managing operations of large-scale Data environments serving external and internal customers
* Managing stakeholders and drive adoption of new tools & technologies while tracking associated financial benefits
* Command in Application Development in java and related stacks
* Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
* Good understanding of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) philosophy, Chaos Engineering, technologies, platforms and tools, SLA management, incident resolution, and automation
* 3-5+ years’ experience in managing large scale Data platforms in a Cloud Environment
* 5-7 + years of developing and managing applications leveraging event streaming/messaging and DB services such as Cassandra, Kafka, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Cloud Pub/Sub, etc.
* Experience with Cyber/data security, Encryption, tokenization
* Working with Architecture to design reusable patterns to deploy to applications, provide governance around adoption, and influence application development teams on roadmaps and design
* Identifying and partnering with Infrastructure teams and AD teams to implement automation opportunities to drive down toil and reduce technical debt
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans