The Control Management mission is to solidify an effective Firmwide control framework within and across the lines of business by identifying and remediating control issues with a sense of urgency, regardless of the source. The Control Management team will work collaboratively with other control disciplines and will oversee existing control functions as well as the development of new control functions and protocols. This process will enable the firm to engage the appropriate teams in a timely manner and provide the ability to quickly remediate critical control issues across all the impacted areas of the firm.
The Controls Room is a Firmwide Reporting Utility that provides standardized control-related data and drives quicker, efficient and accurate reporting. It’s an information warehouse with capabilities for reporting, visualizations and analytics. Its primary goal is to enhance control oversight and efficiency through the standardization and automation of operational risk reporting, provide access to Firmwide aggregated information and produce business risk insight.
The Data Governance & Application Support Product Owner / Program Manager role will support various Data Governance initiatives and Control Management Applications; working together with Control Managers and business SMEs to coordinate requirements, test, defect triage and escalation of Issues/Risks for the Controls Room. The role will also involve working closely with the technical developers and internal clients to ensure the production environment is meeting the needs of the business. The successful candidate will need to work with the multiple constituencies to ensure correct reporting of status and appraisal of effort and solutions, and be delivery focused with a keen eye toward program, project and artifact completion to meet deadlines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
In this role you will:
* Lead multiple projects and workstream within a broad program across two functional groups. Develop implement and supervise project plans. Provide expertise to major project results, milestones, and required tasks.
* Provide insight on standard methodologies and common obstacles based on prior experiences. Ensure strategies are aligned with the overall department strategy.
* Communicate project status and issues regularly to stakeholders, including leaders, team members, and senior managers.
* Proactively identify and mitigate risks and any related project issues. Communicate solutions on key issues or projects to management and stakeholders to obtain their input and consensus as appropriate.
* Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
* Execute the Data Governance deliverables working across the Operations, Controls, and Technology organizations
* Help to mature the data governance capability by developing and monitoring key metrics for our data management components
* Conduct period review on various operating models and recommend changes
* Create and update procedure and align to firmwide data management policies and standards
* Lead and drive meetings with business, technical, and management staff
* Monitor and provide required specifications to maintain data agreements for production systems
* Prepare presentations and materials to be used in various meetings including but not limited to stakeholder reviews, project team meetings, leadership reviews
* Work within an Agile or waterfall framework to deliver on Business initiatives and Strategic programs
* Able to create Agile stories and work with technology to implement and conduct end to end testing
Qualification, Experience & Skills:
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or other related fields.
Experience working with data intensive platforms and/or support teams
Familiarity with data governance/data management concepts required
Experience successfully delivering projects
7 – 10 years of experience in an Application Support/Client Service or Business Analyst/Product Owner role performing issue analysis and understanding monitoring requirements
Experience with ticketing and triage/defect management highly preferred
Strong control background, process improvement and project management experience
Strong working knowledge of Agile methodology and product delivery
Experience with creating meaningful charts, graphs, or other data visualizations
Experience presenting to senior management
Self-starter, critical thinker who is able to prioritize multiple initiatives
Strong communication skills, including oral, written and presentation
Problem solving skills
Proficient in MS Office applications, include Project Plan.
Experience running projects in either waterfall or Agile Scrum styles.
Excel proficiency (Pivots, V-Lookups, and Formulas)
Excellent written and verbal communication
Excellent time management skills, while maintaining a high attention to detail
PMP certification a plus.
Experience with data management languages/tools (e.g., Alteryx, SQL, IDQ, Collibra, Hadoop, etc.)
Strong customer service and support focus with a desire to deliver a high quality service
Self-motivated and highly professional with ability to lead and take ownership and responsibility
Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and to tight deadlines
A desire to learn and improve skills and knowledge
Fast learner, energetic and enthusiastic
Adaptable and flexible to business demands
Strong organizational and planning skills
Positive ‘can-do’ attitude
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans