At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich peoples lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work.
Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in the App Store. Our platforms are highly performant, deployed at scale, and set new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy!
The Ad Platforms Engineering team is seeking a leader to take our data governance and management capabilities to the next level. This leader will be accountable for defining data governance strategy for a set of products that are differentiated on their privacy properties. In this role you will work as the leader of a data management team driving the development, execution, and continuous improvement of new and existing policies, capabilities, and process. You will directly impact both our core products and our internal teams of analysts, business users, and data scientists.
You and your team will play an essential role in delivering on Apple’s privacy commitments to our customers. The data management and data governance processes you implement will change the way advertising works with data. You will collaborate closely across our engineering, product, marketing, and sales organizations to deliver relevant data and insights to advise our strategy and decisions.
Ad Platforms, we are constantly building and deploying new experiences designed to provide amazing user experiences for our customers and drive value. We are looking for a leader to guide the evolution of our team to meet the challenges of increasing scale and complexity in what we deliver.
– Serve as the team lead for a group passionate about defining and instituting privacy centric data governance and data management capabilities.
– Produce high quality processes that lead to the productive use of data systems with excellent reliability and scalability.
– Define and institute best practices in storage, governance, processing, copy/synchronization, lifecycle management, etc. appropriate to the scale and maturity of our products.
– Requires a strong understanding of the intersection between business, analytics, and engineering resulting in a proactive approach, focusing on reusable solutions, to improve efficiency and time to insight.
– Work with cross functional teams to prototype new concepts and deliver end-to-end systems in an agile setting.
– Must be able to work in a rapidly changing environment and perform effectively in a sprint-based, agile development environment.