The Small and Mid-Sized Business (SMB) and Business to Consumer (B2C) Marketplaces Technology Team in Wholesale Payments is focused on providing innovative banking solutions that will accelerate financial digitization and facilitate the growth and operational efficiency of small businesses, marketplaces and gig economies as well as serve as a catalyst for the financial recovery and growth of small and medium businesses globally. JP Morgan Chase processes trillions of dollars a day and settles some of the most critical global financial transactions.
We are passionate advocates for delivering software solutions that create real and measurable business value. We value creative innovators who are analytical thinkers with a bias for action that solves problems. We use design thinking and agile processes to ensure that what we build aligns with the market’s rapidly evolving expectations. When you join us, you will be part of a global team of inspiring and curious technologists that are dedicated to modern software delivery processes like continuous delivery, operational visibility and automation. In addition to your strong technical expertise, you will be expected to speak up when you see opportunities for improvement as well as engage in active learning to keep your skills fresh.
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You’ll be required to apply your depth of knowledge to design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions. Developing pipeline jobs to automate continuous build, integration, deployment and testing. Driving common pattern usage across the team to ensure consistency in approach and integration. Developing tools to improve the resiliency and operability of the application Implementing approach and tools to efficiently utilize the platform environments across development and testing requirements including deployment into private cloud infrastructure and Docker containers. Responsible for the development and delivery infrastructure and tooling and upkeep of the platform.
What we do everyday matters to the individuals, small businesses and companies that we serve.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Proficiency in one of the modern programming Java or Python. Java preferred
* Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Hands on experience with GIT, Maven and Jenkins CI/CD
* Hands on experience with scripting languages like Bash/Shell, Groovy
* Hands on experience with Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Azure, VMWare, etc.
* Knowledge of infrastructure components such as (E.g. routers, load balancers , cloud products , container systems , compute, storage and networks)
* Exposure to Splunk, ELK, Grafana, CockRoach DB, Cassandra, etc. Kafka, AMPS.
* SQL Queries, performance tuning and management of map reduce jobs
* Understanding of code promotion, DevOps, system administration, Puppet/Chef/Ansible, and Platform as a Service Architecture
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans