Director of Education, Arrikto
(Remote Work is OK)
Our mission at Arrikto is apply the same DevOps principles used for software development and infrastructure deployment toward data managed across the ML lifecycle in effect, treating Data as Code along every dimension: from CI/CD through versioning, lineage, packaging, differential tracking, cloning, branching, merging, collaboration, and secure access. With Arrikto, GitOps practices that were once only available to software developers and DevOps professionals are now available to any data science and MLOps team.
At Arrikto, we are active members of the Kubeflow community. Our products include MiniKF, a production-ready, local Kubeflow deployment that installs in minutes, and understands how to downscale your infrastructure so you dont burn your laptop and Rok, a global data distribution layer that makes apps truly performant and truly portable, at a fraction of the cost of a shared storage solution.
You are a great fit for this role if you:
- Are passionate about helping engineers learn and use new technologies successfully.
- Have an engineering background
- Have demonstrated experience creating engaging learning experiences through text-based and video content.
- Have mentored and led healthy and happy teams.
- Have worked closely with community, marketing, and engineering teams to develop content that plays a key role in product adoption.
- Value a highly-collaborative environment, being at ease giving and receiving feedback.
As a member of our team you will:
- Collaborate with product leaders and be a key advocate for the learning needs of data scientists and machine learning ops engineers using Kubeflow.
- Build a small, effective team of technical writers and online course developers.
- Design, organize, and write clear Kubeflow and MiniKF documentation that satisfies the information needs of the community.
- Design and build tutorial videos, short-form and long-form courses that enable data scientists and engineers to learn everything they need to know to be successful with Kubeflow and MiniKF.
- Help develop content to support our presence at conferences and other awareness events.
Measures of success
- Within three months you will have made your first hire and make significant improvements to getting started and evaluation experiences for data sciences and engineers.
- Within six months you will have released the first Arrikto online course.
- Within twelve months you will have finished hiring your team and fully own the development and maintenance of MiniKF, Rok, and associated Kubeflow reference documentation, tutorials, and online courses.