WaveSense is radically accelerating the arrival of self-driving vehicles and next generation assisted driving systems by tackling some of the most challenging problems that stand in the way of safe and reliable navigation.
Every road in the world has a unique subsurface signature. WaveSense uses radar to create a map of those subsurface signatures from which self-driving cars can navigate. Vehicles using WaveSense are unaffected by common but challenging road conditions like snow, heavy rain, fog, or poor lane markings.
WaveSense is working with leading autonomous vehicle and traditional automotive companies, is backed by leading investors, is growing quickly, and is building a talented team that wants to transform the future of mobility and work on some of the hardest and most important engineering problems around. If that sounds like you, please drop us a line.
As the Director of Mapping and Localization, you will drive WaveSense’s mapping and localization strategy and partnerships in addition to managing the mapping, localization, and autonomy teams. You will work with your team and others to integrate radar-based map and sensor fusion-based localization algorithms into the sensor and cloud. You will be responsible for developing the localization and mapping roadmap, lead a team of talented engineers to enable interfacing with partners and large scale buildout.
WHO YOU ARE + WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead localization and mapping strategy.
- Manage the localization, mapping, and autonomy teams.
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects and provide the team with technical leadership.
- Work closely with other teams, especially within engineering, cloud, and product development.
- Lead the development of HD map APIs, mapping algorithm, map infrastructure, and map toolchain for scalable map change.
- Lead the operations and process strategies to meet map and localization data collection objectives.
- Lead the development of tools and process for map quality verification.
- Enjoy working with, growing, and developing small, high output teams in a fast-paced startup environment.
- A “get-it-done” person. You know that done is better than perfect and are energized by constantly delivering and moving things forward.
- 5 years hands-on technical leadership and engineering management experience in the localization and high definition mapping space.
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles and processes along with the ability to apply this knowledge to execute projects and optimize development strategies.
- Significant understanding of strategy and willingness to lead partnership engagements.
- Proven track record of delivering complex technical projects.
- Strong system and product experience in designing a reliable and scalable map system.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in automotive, robotics, aerospace engineering, or medical device engineering.
- Experience with safety-critical systems.
- Experience with scalable map systems, cloud platforms.
- Experience with radar sensors.
- Must be currently eligible to work in the US. Please indicate if you need or will eventually need sponsorship on your application.