Director of Security Operations – Oracle Cloud
US (Any / Remote)
Oracle Cloud (United States) – oracle.com/joinoci
Are you interested in protecting a global cloud infrastructure from the most advanced threats? Oracle’s Cloud team is building its next generation Cloud IaaS/PaaS/SaaS technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best in class, foundational cloud services with impeccable security.
The Oracle Cloud Security Operations team providesOracle Cloudwith the capabilities toensure our systems and services meet the security objectives and expectations of Oracle customers.The Security Operations group performs 24/7 security monitoring, threat hunting, and security analysis. This team provides the core of Oracles internal cloud security monitoring capabilities. The group works closely with the Incident Response team, Threat Intelligence team, and several Security Engineering and Architecture teams to provide several core security controls that protect Oracles Cloud resources.
This teams mission is one of informed vigilance and expertise; to protect the customers, to protect our cloud, and to continue to earn customer trust.
This team has a history of success and the scope of the teams responsibility is expanding. This role is for a creative security leader who is excited about growing this team to dramatically scale-up over the next year.
We are looking for an inspiring and experienced leader deeply familiar with practices of threat hunting, determining indicators of compromise (IOCs), incident management, and red team/blue team activities. This role leads protection activities defending a wide range Oracle IaaS, PaaS and SaaS environments.
If this excites you, come help us deliver the next level of secure cloud computing. These are exciting times in our space – we are growing fast, still at an early stage and working on ambitious new initiatives. An engineer or leader at any level can have significant technical and business impact.
- Manage all facets of a team of security analysts and threat hunters who provide 24/7/365 security monitoring functions for Oracles global cloud services
- Lead, mentor, and provide career development across security operations staff
- Develop and deliver long term roadmap strategies
- Assist with the development of processes and procedures to improve security operations functions, incident response times, analysis of incidents, and overall SOC functions
- Stay informed on security developments, including research industry trends, ongoing security threats, new security tools
- Provide recommendations on the need and usefulness of new services, products, and/or development
- Identify and improve meaningful security metrics
- Effectively communicate security concepts, asks, and wins with audiences consisting of both security experts and non-experts
- Establish, grow, and maintain a supportive and collaborative team culture across distributed time zones
- Develop hiring plans and strategic plans to build the team and improve efficacy of security operations
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Assurance, Security, Management Information Systems, Risk Management or equivalent work experience acceptable
- 6+ years of management experience in cybersecurity operations at a global service provider
- 3+ years of management experience with 4+ years of SOC IC work experience (monitoring, detection, incident response, forensics) at a large scale
- Experience working in cybersecurity for a large organization (F500, Military, consulting, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communications, including presentation skills, are important to be successful in this role
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, as well as with external parties
- Experience presenting to senior leadership / executive leadership, both written and verbally.
- Working understanding of various forensic automation tooling
- Experience managing various facets of purple-team exercises (red/blue)
- Knowledge of chain of custody processes and requirements for properly handling evidence
- Knowledge of current advanced adversary TTP’s and experience responding to APTs
- Understanding of host and network Incident Response processes, tasks, and tools
- Knowledge of security monitoring and detection tools and practices
- Proven ability to work and collaborate in a geographically dispersed organization
- Experience with common regulatory frameworks and security standards (FedRAMP, SOC, HIPAA, ITIL, etc)
- Hands-on security experience on a public cloud platform (e.g., AWS, Azure, Oracle, GCP)
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a director of the software engineering division, you will apply your extensive knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and envision future improvements to the architecture.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
If you are a Colorado resident, Please Contact us or Email us at [email protected] to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include this Job ID: 210005V4 in the subject line of the email.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. Its when everyones voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond whats been done before. Thats why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.