Eridan is a rapidly-growing startup building 5G radios to enable abundant wireless connectivity everywhere in the world. Our MIRACLE transceiver is based on a patent-protected switching architecture that decreases the amount of power required to transmit a gigabit of data by 5-10x.
We’re a small team with big aspirations to put an Eridan transceiver in every wireless device in the world, and we believe in the power of teamwork and focus to enable outsized results. Our Mountain View office is a 10-minute walk from the Caltrain, and we provide a casual work environment, and lots of room for growth.
Eridan is currently building out our software team. As an Embedded Systems Software Engineer, you’ll work in a fast-moving design environment. A successful Software Engineer at Eridan will have strong technical and analytical skills and be comfortable working and solving problems independently. We look for engineers with persistence, curiosity, and good communication skills.
In this role, you will:
- Produce high quality, tested code for an embedded system
- Work with hardware team to verify correctness and performance
- Estimate time requirements for tasks
- Support system integration
- Determine clever software work-arounds for hardware limitations
Qualities of a Successful Candidate:
- BS in Computer Engineering or similar
- 3-5 years experience in embedded systems
- Ability to design software (bare-metal, Linux, BSP,…) for FPGA embedded CPUs and SOCs
- Ability to read datasheets and understand register maps
- Familiarity with bit manipulation and memory mapped hardware
- Experience writing C or C++ in an embedded environment, with low resources
- Understanding of interrupts, locking concepts, compiler linker scripts, compiler flags, GNU Makefile and DMA
Preferred Capabilities/Nice to have:
- Experience with RISCV
- Experience with ARM
- History of work on a CPU/FPGA combo project.
- Basic understanding of Verilog or VHDL
- Hardware-in-the-loop testing
- Side projects in opensource