JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
Chase is driving an aggressive transformation agenda, which builds on the success of the current mobile and online service offerings. Chase is investing in innovative ways to deepen customer engagement and profitability through the use of digital channels. The ambition is to position Chase as the undisputed leader in financial services and to enable Chase to deliver the highly personalized, real time experiences that customers increasingly expect.
The online and mobile channels for Chase currently support more than 55 million active customers; 16 million customers interact with us daily, making Chase the most visited banking portal in the US. Within Consumer and Community Banking, the Operations Technology team is responsible for setting and executing strategies that align with business objectives and drive innovation across all channels with a heavy focus on transferring to a Digital first organization.
As a Software Engineering Director for Operations Technology, you will be responsible for driving & influencing a core group of highly skilled polyglot engineers focused on transforming to next generation technologies. Solutions built by this team will have broad international exposure to the millions of Chase customers. The ideal candidate will be a technical pioneer with strong expertise and a record of high achievement in their careers. They influence strategic decisions and foster the growth of colleagues across the Global Technology community. Additionally, the candidate should have a strong technical acumen, previous experience in finance or like industry and comfortable playing a critical role in our journey as innovator, mentor, and advisor across Operations Technology
* Help define and drive deliveries towards the priorities and strategic direction for the area
* Active participation in an Agile development process, including working closely with the business
* Close engagement with Architects and Design Authority across other areas of Consumer and Community Banking
* Technical responsibility for application architecture and design
* Build highly optimized multiplatform consumer applications
* Participate in Architecture & Engineering forums, perform design reviews
* Participate in dev modernization and adoption of emerging/modern technologies across the application suite
* Continuous improvement of our DevOps, tooling and processes to enable us to deliver more value
* Align with the security standards and guidelines to ensure systems are secure and protected against threats
Knowledge and Experience required:
* Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years’ experience in software architecture and development
* Prior experience working at a large tier global financial institution
* Excellent analytical and communication skills
* Creative problem solver and solutions architect/developer
* Extensive experience with
o Java (Core & EE, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Cloud)
o UI/UX (React JS, Angular or equivalent)
o SCM / DevOps / CI/CD tools & process (GIT/Bitbucket, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Sonar)
o Testing tools & frameworks (Jasmin/Karma, JUnit, Selenium, Cucumber, Mockito)
o Agile Methodology and Tools (JIRA)
o Big Data / NoSQL (Hadoop, Cassandra, MongoDB, Pig/Hive)
* Experience with MicroServices & Layered (SOA/MVC) Architecture
* Experience with Integration patterns and messaging technologies (JMS, Mule, Kafka, RabbitMQ)
* Experience with Cloud deployments (Private Cloud / AWS / Azure)
* Experience with Cloud Platforms, Container/Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry)
* Experience with Open Source and Cloud Technologies such as Apache Storm / Ignite, ELK, Dynatrace, Grafana
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co. you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5 billion+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry but also change the world.
At JP Morgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans