At WorkStep, we make the industrial sector a better place to work. For workers, we provide intelligent job matching and feedback loops. For enterprise customers, our technology helps source, screen, and retain hourly talent at scale. We recently closed our series A, are seeing high demand, and are growing our team.
We are looking to expand our fully-remote Engineering and Product team with an Engineering Manager who can raise our already extremely high bar for development velocity and quality. In this role, you will manage a team of 4-6 developers and work closely with the CTO and Head of Product to construct, refine, and execute on our product development pipeline.
- Coordination of daily operations among engineers
- Code review, codebase health, and release process
- Mentorship and personal/professional development of direct reports
- Sprint burn-down, velocity, and on-time delivery
- Engineering team process, tooling, and resourcing
- Feature architecting and large project planning
- Triaging, sizing and prioritization of engineering work items
- Liaising with the Product organization on the product development pipeline
- 2+ years experience managing developers
- 6+ years experience writing production-grade software
- Experience building web apps with React
- Some experience with a modern web framework
- Experience designing scalable software systems