Our Matching team is looking for a motivated Engineering Manager to coordinate a team of passionate Java engineers to work and actively collaborate on impactful consolidation topics in the cloud (GCP), such as accommodation type assignments, algorithmic/rule-based data aggregation, and smart de-duplication strategies.
One of trivago’s core value propositions is the comparison of prices and accommodation types from multiple advertisers and providers like online travel agencies/OTAs, hotel chains and individual hotels. In order to do this, we need to establish the connection of all of the same accommodations from different sources to our own inventory of accommodations. This is the primary scope of the Matching team.
Ready to take the next step in your career and develop both professionally and personally? Then we want to hear from you!
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate implementation and testing of matching processes and models to handle a diverse landscape of accommodation types (hotels, apartments, villas, resorts, etc.).
- Lead by example with advocating technical excellence while keeping a strong focus on business requirements.
- Be responsible for your team’s development by challenging existing processes & structures, and promoting inner- and cross-team collaboration.
- Ensure that your team stays highly aligned with the strategy and mission of the Source Domain, Hotel Search Pillar and trivago.
- Be an enabler for the team and its individuals, and inspire your team members to deliver the best and most impactful work of their lives.
- Drive innovation, education and knowledge sharing in your area.
- As you grow in your role, you may take on responsibility for other areas relating to accommodation inventory integration.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Track-record in leading/managing successfully software engineering teams.
- A software engineering background with deep technical skills.
- You are a problem solver, who can carry your team members along with your can-do attitude.
- A high level of autonomy in combination with a results-driven mindset.
- The right balance between technical excellence and pragmatism.
- The drive to respond to operational challenges in a timely manner.
- Profound and hands-on experience working with (big) data in a cloud-native environment.
What we’d love you to have:
- You have hands-on experience with Google Cloud Platform and/or have a relevant GCP certification (Cloud Developer, Data Engineer, or Architect).
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected].
We look forward to your application!