Position: Software Engineering Manager, Platform (Switch)
Location: Fully Remote anywhere in the US or onsite in San Francisco, CA (post-Covid)
Base Salary: $150k-$215k (dependent on seniority and work location – top end is for engineers located in the Bay Area)
Additional Cash Extras / Total Comp: Attractive Cisco RSU’s (over 4 years) + 25% annual bonus + Attractive Sign on Bonus + 401k Match (up to 4.5%) + 21 days PTO + 5 days VTO (Paid Volunteering Time Off)
Meraki Software Engineers breathe life into our cloud-managed network-attached devices, which include switches, routers, wireless access, and security cameras. We use real-time telemetry from thousands of deployed networks spanning the globe to continuously improve the performance and stability of our products. We are passionate about building real products that our customers love.
Meraki MS is an enterprise-grade line of network switches that are entirely managed from the cloud. Our mission is to bring Meraki simplicity to the network switching market, leaving our users delighted with ease of install and with our robust monitoring to solve problems and answer questions about their networks.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will drive all technical aspects of embedded platform software delivery, including requirements definition and refinement, design, estimation, implementation, unit and system-level testing, as well as deployment. This team is a center of excellence for developing all of the MS embedded platforms.
You will partner with Product Management, Hardware Engineering, and third-party vendors to define and execute the platform roadmap. You will also be growing the team, retaining talent, provide technical direction and career development opportunities, and nurture the team’s culture of quality, teamwork, and inclusiveness.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- 7+ years of technical leadership experience in embedded networking platform development
- 3+ years experience managing teams who have shipped and supported embedded routing platforms
- Extensive board bring-up experience including but not limited to ARM and x86
- Good understanding of hardware architecture and schematics.
- Experience in coordinating and working with cross-functional teams, such as hardware, diagnostic and third-party vendors to ensure smooth operation and ship on time
- Participate in silicon and product roadmap decisions, provide schedules and resource estimates, and drive successful chip bring-up, validation, prototype/DevKit support, and eventual product mass deployment
Bonus points for:
- Experience with modern C++ (C++11 and further)
- Experience with an Agile methodology (e.g., Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with multi-core routing and networking platform development