Global Application Support Team is responsible for maintaining application systems that are crucial to the daily operations of the firm. You’ll work collaboratively in our team on a wide range of operational support and application projects. Team members have the opportunity to fix application issues as they arise, gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment, maintenance, and improvement. You’ll help optimize existing systems, reduce work through automation, participate in code review changes and analysis, and develop innovative engineering solutions to operational problems. You’ll learn about production lifecycle methodologies and risk guidelines. Finally, you’ll have the opportunity to develop professionally, enhance your creative and critical thinking skills, and grow your career in any direction you choose.
* Support and troubleshoot production incidents, facilitate resolution and post-mortems
* Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions
* Participate and support performance tests: identify bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization, and capacity demands
* Participate and support SR, HA, DR events. (Sustained Resiliency flip, High Availability test, Disaster Recovery test)
* Participate and support special projects such as: Cost saving initiatives, Performance improvement initiatives, Data Center migration, Software upgrades, Technical refreshes
* Assist with various setup, maintain, tracking, support, and troubleshoot activities for non-production environments: e.g. configurations, functional ids, directory structures/permissions, space allocations, production to lower environment file copy, Data model changes
* Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns
* Work with other team members, and functions within the team, to assist with operational support duties
* Work with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases
* Participate on complex problems to determine possible underlying causes, working with teams like DBA, System Admin, Application Development, and others to solve the issue
* Participate in 24×7 global support rotation coverage as needed
* Adhere to architecture standards, risk management, security policies, and may be directly responsible for developing and/or modifying tools to comply with standards and policies
* Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
* Research new ideas/processes to include looking at new toolsets or software to continually improve procedures performed within the team
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a software engineering discipline
* Understanding of the SDLC process and Agile methodologies
* 3+ years of Software Engineering experience or related
* 3+ years of experience with ETL Practices and Tools such as:
Autosys/Control-M job scheduler
* Moderately skilled with Code versioning software and processes, specifically Subversion
* Moderately skilled with the functioning and principals of a Data Warehouse
* Moderately skilled with the functioning and principals of the Software Development Life Cycle
* Moderately skilled with the functioning and principals of Project Management
* Moderately skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to analyze, research, investigate, and evaluate, with a structured approach to problem solving
Ability to work and effectively prioritize in a highly dynamic work environment that includes a global focus
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans