About the AI Acceleration team
The mission of the AI Acceleration (AIX) team is to increase the volume and velocity of AI applications at the JPMorgan Chase. To achieve this we’re building a team that blends JPMC’s financial domain experts with engineering and product leaders that are passionate about shipping AI products.
About the role
The AIX team is seeking a senior engineering leader to drive the next evolution of our award winning (AFTA, CIO100) OmniAI Platform as we expand to enable an AI Ecosystem for JPMC. In this role you will lead the development ofsub-products and features within our OmniAI Platform and Marketplace.
* Work with Product Management to establish the vision and maintain the roadmap for the product
* Drive key decisions on architecture, infrastructure, and implementation
* Develop a sustainably high-performing software engineering team that balances feature delivery with professional development and growth
* Evangelize and role-model software development best practices
* Utilize cutting edge AI/ML Platform solutions using public cloud hybrid architecture and modern standards and patterns.
* Partner with your peers in Operations to ensure high availability and stability of the deployed AI Marketplace product
* A BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field
* 15+ years of experience of application development across the entire stack – front-end, backend, data, messaging and microservices
* 7+ years of engineering people management
* 3+ years of building and operating scalable and secure systems on AWS
* 2+ years of working on developing and managing containerized applications
* Ability to synthesize user requirements behind feature requests, recommend alternative approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines.
* Expertise in modern software engineering practices and demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of the software engineering toolkit
* Expertise in programming language such as Java or Python
* Demonstrated ability in building secure software and implementing security at all layers of software interactions
* Proven track record of solving ambiguous and highly complex problems
* Exceptional critical thinking and attention to detail
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills; must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide and senior audience, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analysis
* Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
* Experience working in highly-regulated industries
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans