As a senior leader in Software Engineering, you’ll combine your years of proven expertise with a never-ending quest to create innovative technology through solid engineering practices. You’ll lead a highly inspired and inquisitive team of technologists who are already developing and deploying applications to the highest standards. Your passion and experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally.
As a Technology Lead for JP Morgan Host to Host Service, you will drive the execution of our agile delivery against the book of work. You will align your teams to drive end-to-end accountability for solutions and strategically align with product owners to collaborate and deliver as one team, with the goal of accelerating delivery, driving innovation, and shortening the time from concept idea to market ready solution. You will be part of our Technology leadership team and contribute and influence to develop technology goals, prioritization, and business vision strategy and ensure it is executed effectively. The candidate will influence, and steer budget spend, understand business domain in depth and is seen as a partner in technology, operations and product.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Strategic planning (e.g., roadmap creation and execution), complex problem solving, navigating a large organization, excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary
* Expertise in people leadership, Technological, Organizational and/or Operational Change Management; Portfolio Management; Conflict Resolution; Negotiation; Budget/Financial Management, including Business Case Completion; Controls; and Partnership and Influence
* Experience in large-scale software development in one or more programming language
* Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout a large organization and influencing teams and partners to achieve common goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* Command of architecture, design, and business processes
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Experience with developing frameworks that helps increase developer and release velocity, improving code health and technical standards
* Advanced experience working with databases, UNIX/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, large scale software development, security software development
* Experience with modern architectures and practices including micro services, micro frontends, and domain driven design
* Banking experience is advantageous
* Agile, scrum delivery experience
* Cloud native design principles including 12-Factor app design principles and Domain Driven Design
* Private and public cloud native application design and engineering (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc), containers experience helpful (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans