We are looking for a person that can bring leadership to our frontend chapter. The frontend chapter is responsible for defining and maintaining the frontend stack of the Horizon platform. This platform consists of Marktplaats and our Belgian labels 2ehands/2ememain.
Using your extensive experience, we expect you to define the longer term frontend strategy. This includes elements such as the server side rendering setup, API design and rolling out our Design System.
Besides defining our frontend strategy, we also expect our frontend architect to be able to explain our frontend approach to C-level executives. Communication and presentation skills are essential.
You have extensive experience in online or related areas, with 10+ years of full-time employment. We expect the right person to be a specialist in software engineering and have good knowledge of what it means to work with large and/or distributed systems. We also believe that to be a well-rounded developer, one needs experience with more than just one programming language.
Furthermore, we need someone who lives and breathes Agile development, can focus on delivering, and wants to take a leading role in improving how we work.
What we expect from you:
- Advanced understanding of React (server side and client side), Node.js, Webpack
- understand the intricacies of different browser rendering engines, and have expert knowledge about responsive layout and good web design.
- Experience in API design
- Architecture or high level design experience
- Test driven development
- Affinity for e-Commerce
- Experience leading teams of 5-8 engineers
- Being comfortable with public speaking, preparing and facilitating internal training sessions, contributing to internal knowledge base and open source projects.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, consultation and organizational skills.
- Great communicator.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Be a key team member in development and design of new projects
- Coaching of more junior developers (guide them through architecture and procedures, be a mentor helping with skills development)
- Think with your colleagues about architecture decisions and help work them out
- Help to continuously improve development work in all areas (coding, processes, tools, testing, etc.)
- Be a technical sparring partner for the organisation to help the business create efficient and effective requirements
- Own and drive the frontend strategy. From stack to design system.
- Work with international counterparts across the worldwide eCG.
Some qualifications we would also like, but which are not necessarily needed:
- GraphQL experience
- Open Source Contributor
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Marktplaats is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
People are the heart of the eBay Classifieds business, and their health and well-being are our first priority.
We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.