The Executive Director will report to the Head of Loan Servicing Automation with responsibility for leading a team of technologists to plan and deliver critical program initiatives. As a senior leader in Software Engineering, you’ll combine your years of proven expertise with a never-ending quest to create innovative technology in the workflow domain. You will be responsible for building and driving a core group of highly skilled polyglot engineers focused on next generation workflow technologies. You must have a solid foundation in software programming, software patterns, experience across multiple languages and development platforms, and a strong understanding of software publishing models.
Your passion and experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. As a constant learner and early adopter, you’re already embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies; your example encourages others to follow suit.
This role is for a technical program leader, requiring a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Deep experience in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
* Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices in software development and workflow products.
* Develop solutions, road maps working with product, technology and engineering leadership and provide estimations for visions and feature deliverables.
* Create and recommend solution design options factoring in customer requirements, standards and current/new infrastructure environments.
* Work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture.
* Strong experience with resilience and performance testing environment set-up & management
* Strong combination of practical development, engineering, administration, information technology, and security skills
* Must be highly skilled at communicating across the organization ranging from development partners to senior management
* Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the engineering community.
* Experience with technical coaching and leading highly technical teams
Responsibilities of the role include:
* Lead a global team by generating a vision, establishing direction, motivating members, creating an atmosphere of trust, leveraging diverse views
* Evolve product vision and technology roadmaps by working closely with business, transformation leaders & technology leaders
* Ability to work independently and create goals and visions for delivery in ambiguous or new situations
* Technical responsibility for application architecture and design. Evolve product architecture and how the platform interacts with loans eco-systems
* Provide strong technical leadership for engineering and product teams.
* Active participation in an Agile development process, including working closely with the business and product teams.
* Timely project communications – monthly updates, project updates, RCA updates, agile experiments, team metrics etc.
* Project management experience including managing small teams, influencing decision-making outside of immediate span of control, and accomplishing key objectives and results
* Manage a team of Software Engineers equipped to deliver end-to-end features
* Managing cross-team and vendor dependencies throughout the software lifecycle
* Participate in Architecture & Engineering forums, perform design reviews
* Participate in dev modernization and adoption of emerging/modern technologies across the application suite
* Continuous improvement of our DevOps, tooling and processes to enable us to deliver more value
* Align with the security standards and guidelines to ensure systems are secure and protected against threats
* Driving normalization/standardization of technology disciplines, collaborating with firm wide CI/CD engineering service owners and Practice Enablement.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Mastery of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Experience with architecting, building and maintaining workflow oriented application solutions or workflow platforms and products is a strong plus.
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Expertise in working in in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* SCM / DevOps / CI/CD tools & process (GIT/Bitbucket, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Sonar), Testing tools & frameworks (Jasmin/Karma, JUnit, Selenium, Cucumber, Mockito), Agile Methodology and Tools (JIRA)
* Experience with MicroServices & Event Architecture
* Experience with Integration patterns and messaging technologies (JMS, Mule, Kafka, RabbitMQ)
* Experience with Caching solutions such as Hazlecast, Gemfire, EHCache.
* Experience with Cloud Platforms, Container/Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry)
* Strong Communication Skills demonstrating the ability to present and explain ideas and concepts.
* Experience building and managing multi-location Software Engineering teams.
* Experience in engineering solutions for metrics gathering/publishing and event collection/correlation across distributed architectures, automation, monitoring, intelligent alerting, random fault injection (Chaos Engineering), and self-healing
* Experience providing leadership for high volume applications.
* Experience with Elastic products is a plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans