We are seeking a highly motivated technologist to help implement the roadmap for microservice framework and platform services. The successful candidate will be passionate about creating a framework that will assist our technologists with cross cutting concerns relating to modern software architectures and will allow the business app developers to focus on the business level requirements. This means that the ideal candidate has a strong track record of working on highly distributed cloud based and should also be intensely curious about technology and continually grows in technical expertise over time. The candidate will be responsible to facilitate application modernization using technologies regarding cloud based microservice applications, event based communication, and data at the edge with eventual consistency.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Strong understanding of container technologies including Docker and Kubernetes
* Strong understanding of hybrid cloud strategy and cloud computing technologies including: Cloud Foundry, AWS.
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages in addition to Java (knowledge of other JVM languages such as Kotlin or Scala a plus)
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
* Knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
* Working with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery best practice
* Knowledge of software best practices like refactoring, clean code, domain driven design, encapsulation etc.
* 3+ years hands-on experience of developing microservices using Java and Spring Boot (understanding Spring internals)
* 3+ years hands-on experience of building distributed system with micro-services
* 1+ years hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes
* 1+ years hands-on experience deploying and running workloads on AWS (preferably using EKS)
* 1+ years hands-on experience with event driven app architecture (Kafka preferred)
* 1+ years hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL (Cassandra preferred)
* Experience developing frameworks a plus.
* Experience with other cloud platforms (Google, Azure) a plus.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans