As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You’ll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
You will join the Data Engineering team (part of the Engineering and Architecture organization in the Corporate and Investment Bank) and be responsible for delivering solutions to our clients in CIB technology, QR and Data Analytics. We are engineering cutting edge solutions in meta-data & data to model, track and deliver Data in Place and Data in Motion solutions. Our work facilitates data modelling, lineage & transporting data at scale on Cloud technologies, capturing Models & APIs in our Model Repository and building automation and tooling to control and evolve them. As part of Engineering & Architecture we are at the forefront of defining & driving adoption of the latest technology and best practice throughout the CIB.
Your role is to work with our users, developers and DevOps teams to gather requirements, design, implement & support our platform. Your knowledge of Java and/or Scala, OOP and/or functional programming, continuous delivery & testing will help our team meet our client’s requirements. You will work on challenging projects ranging from delivering Cloud based micro-services, meta-programming, DSL & interpreter design to delivery of components to integrate with SQL / NoSQL DBs, Kafka & Spark. You will work as part of a global and diverse team, with clients across the globe.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
* Experience in one or more general purpose programming languages and web technologies: Java, Spring Framework, REST API, cloud, microservice
* Experience with development and build tools (or similar): Intellij/Eclipse, Maven, Gradle, Bitbucket/Git/Gitflow, Sprint Boot, MVC, Spring Cloud
* Scala / functional programming experience preferred
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans