Job Description Print Preview
Looking for a Lead Hadoop Administrator to join existing team in overseeing operations on the Cloudera data lake at CenturyLink. This is an administrative role, less wrtiing code but more configuring, supporting, maintaining, and monitoring the Hadoop Clusters. Lead in the team effort to design, develop, code, test, and debug new complex software or significant enhancements. Lead review of input for documentation of new or existing software. Apply existing, and introduce new, approved technologies to develop solutions. Lead others in the application of Hadoop/Big Data principles, theories, tools, and concepts to complete projects. May lead team to select and manage vendors.
- Works with the Technical Director, Technical Architect, App/Web Developer, Database Administrator, System Administrator, Project Management, Account Management and Creative to create and support big data clusters and applications, completing all requirements and meeting usability expectations
- Partners with Technology personnel to develop creative marketing technology solutions in support of meeting client expectations
- Estimates timeline for assigned projects and ensures that work is completed with the estimate given
- Provides leadership in the administration and implementation of short- and long-term technology plans and related policies and procedures
- Takes a lead role in establishing and implementing standards that will facilitate a quality IT infrastructure all clients
- Responsible for Hadoop clusters including components such as Cloudera (CDH & CM), Kafka, Impala, Hive, Spark, HDFS, HBase, Oozie, Sqoop, Flume, Zookeeper, YARN, etc.
- Performance tuning of Hadoop clusters, job performance and capacity planning.
- Responsible for implementation and ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure, including off hours on call support.
- Management of TLS/SSL certificates and implementation of Kerberos.
- Organizes Hadoop cluster access through Active Directory
- HDFS support and maintenance, Including archiving and management of data on an object store (S3A)
- Pair with other teams like infrastructure, network, database, application and business intelligence to ensure high availabitlity.
- Work closely with development on creating new applactions using creative and new options.
- Work directly with Vendors on escalations.
- Fully seasoned Hadoop Administrator with typically 5+ years professional experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 2-3 years with a Master’s Degree.
- 3-4 years experience with Cloudera Hadoop clusters.