About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank Production Management & Infrastructure Services
The Production Management and Infrastructure Services organization focuses on the client experience by ensuring our services perform as expected, restoring services quickly when there are problems, and transforming infrastructure to improve delivery, standardize products and reduce costs. The organization consists of a global, diverse workforce supporting our global business with a focus on continuous and proactive improvement. The 1,500-person organization manages over 1,700 applications which process trillions of dollars a day in payments and oversees applications that trade hundreds of billions of dollars working toward one clear mission – making stability a competitive advantage. Client obsession is at the heart of our operating model as well as embedding a culture of DevOps, SRE, automation and modern operating platforms and practices.
The Head of CIB Production Management SRE Strategy, Monitoring & Telemetry is expected to be a transformative leader with a track record of operating in an organization that values client experience, stability, resiliency and continuous improvement. The successful candidate will have deep technical expertise in monitoring and observability technologies and the ability to partner closely with software engineering teams and architecture to evaluate and validate non-functional application supportability standards and implement telemetry capabilities. Experience imbedding SRE and DevOps culture is important.
The candidate must be able to partner and influence across all levels of the organization and have the technical capability to execute the strategic monitoring and telemetry strategy supporting both on-premise and Public cloud and legacy and modern platforms.
This position is global in reach, working with teams across the world to ensure consistent SRE strategy and practices. Successful candidates will demonstrate technical acumen across a broad reach of technologies and have the proven ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment.
Role Requirements and Expectations
* Proven experience defining and implementing a telemetry strategy, including rollout of APM (application performance monitoring) and cloud telemetry.
* Experience implementing observability capabilities across applications (metrics, tracing, SLOs) and infrastructure (network, OS, database, MQ, etc.).
* Experience defining non-functional standards and blueprints related to supportability – logging, resiliency patterns, etc.
* Hands-on leader who can drive change and influence CIB and Global Technology telemetry products and services to meet the needs of CIB across business and technology.
* Ability and relevant experience working with cross line of business teams, service providers and partner organizations to ensure consistent SRE strategy and practices (with flexibility based on business needs).
* Ability to partner with and influence architecture teams in defining non-functional application supportability standards
* Experience transforming a traditional L1/L2 Operate organization to a true Reliability Engineering capability.
* Deep technical understanding of monitoring and telemetry capabilities – Dynatrace, Jaeger, Prometheus, ITRS Geneos, and/or OpenTelemetry experience a plus
* Experience with at least one programming language (Java, Python, etc.)
* Strong knowledge and experience across multiple platforms, including on public and private cloud architecture (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
* Experience transforming organizations in designing and implementing SRE/DevOps capabilities
* Ability to influence across organizations, drive change and gain agreement to implement strategic standards
* Proven leadership skills with drive for continuous improvement
* Exceptional interpersonal, relationship and negotiating skills
* Strong communication skills, verbal and written (and ability to communicate clearly and at right level of detail)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans