Description for Internal Candidates
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Expectations include significant application development experience, strong technical expertise, proven background in managing client requirements & expectations and a good understanding of risk management & application security. You will create and execute on projects using the Agile development philosophy.
Key responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
* Develop/ Maintain Application code . Effectively Work with Business Teams to understand requirements . Once requirements are finalized , participate in various SDLC phases – Coding , Unit Test , System Test , User Acceptance Test & Implementation .
* Lead the post-implementation review evaluating project results, including client satisfaction. Effectively collaborate with the Business Analysts, Testing teams, Product, Operations and Infrastructure partners to deliver a high quality product to our business.
* Partner with Production Support to resolve production issues, monitoring and capacity management. Champion initiatives and implement solutions to reduce baseline application costs.
* Lead the post-implementation review evaluating project results, including client satisfaction. Promote effective teamwork and manage the resolution of interpersonal issues.
* Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution. You will participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow, and understand and comply with Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps.
* Adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications. Additionally, document the detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop/Enhance software application modules.
* Participate in implementation reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues; and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* 8 + years of software development experience; analysis, design, coding, testing and debugging skills
* Strong technical experience with mainframe technologies, such as COBOL, CICS, VSAM, DB2 along with messaging TCP/IP, MQ, etc.
* Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures; Endevor experience a plus
* Ability to develop strong internal and external relationships
* Experience leading geographically distributed and culturally diverse workgroups with strong team management, leadership and mentoring skills
* Experience leading multiple projects concurrently
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* College degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience
Additional Skills Preferred:
* Programming experience with InvestOne (Sungard’s fund accounting product)
* Have an open attitude towards sharing ideas and knowledge.
* A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow things through.
* Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills, including facilitation, presentation and production of documentation appropriate to an audience.
* The ability to shift perspective from high level ‘Big Picture’ to low-level detail.
* Good prioritization and time management.
* Present and absorb complex ideas quickly and accurately.
* Provide solutions to a tight deadline.
* Work within a large team, sometimes under stress, but always under control.
* Work independently as well as part of a team.
Same Posting Description for Internal and External Candidates
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans