As an experienced member of our technical organization and product team we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices as well as to drive down our legacy footprint and improve data quality are goals within this product. . Expertise in various technology delivery concepts including Mainframe and Distributed oriented developments, controls, monitoring, and automation are essential. You will lead teams in building new solutions leveraging Mainframe as well as modern patterns that Mainframe can support and interact with. Additionally, you will have opportunity to deal with external vendors to use their platforms.
We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our clients.
* Primarily responsible for managing agile software delivery teams and partnering with the Area Product owner and Agility Leads.
* Application ownership
* Responsible for all aspects of technology delivery and planning.
* Strong risk management mindset relative to managing risk and delivering technical tasks related to the solution e.g. breaks, defects, patches & upgrades
* Strong talent assessment and talent management background.
* Motivate team members to deliver the best results on time and budget.
* Mentor team members to progress their technical and professional skills
* Build and maintain relationships with business and technology team members.
* Triage technical issues and lead teams toward solving problems.
* Plan team capacity to accommodate demands.
* Build a diverse and inclusive team and culture within the organization.
* Work closely with vendors and lead all technical and business discussions with them.
* Drive down legacy technology platform footprint.
* Background in legacy technologies such Mainframe.
* Deliver solutions leveraging modern technologies for Mainframe is plus
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience Computer Science or related field.
* 10+ years of experience on technical Delivery teams and enterprise products.
* 3+ years of managing technical Delivery teams and enterprise products.
* Demonstrated proficiency in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
* Demonstrated proficiency with Mainframe platform and languages COBOL/JCL/Stored procs/IBM Utilities
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals.
* Strong understanding of OOP & SOA principles, enterprise design patterns and industry best practices with experience using modern technology (e.g. Java, Cassandra, Kafka) and design patterns is plus
* Experience with high volume, mission critical applications.
* Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
* Experience with tuning high-volume applications.
* Expert with database technology such as DB2/VSAM, messaging technologies such as IBM MQ and Kafka.
* Excellent verbal communication skills.
* Good problem-solving skills.
* Strong organizational and management skills.
* Business knowledge of finance industry and Cost Basis is plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans