This opportunity is for a Senior Software Development Manager for Audibles Core iOS team. The Audible iOS teams vision is to enable a frictionless experience allowing Audible customers to listen and engage with the largest Audiobook portfolio. Our goal is to deliver world-class products that scale for millions of daily listener sessions across the entire iOS eco-system including smart phones, Car Play, Smart Watches and living room devices. We are a nimble team with a game-changing mind-set, endless passion and uncompromising user focus. We operate like a start-up, yet have the resources we need to deliver on our goals. Our team is working on building native iOS products, without compromising compatibility with various iOS devices in an agile environment.
If you are ready to become a part of a culture that celebrates innovation and independent thought and want to use your passion and creativity to improve the daily lives of listeners around the world, we have a place for you on our team come join us.
· You will play a leading role in managing the delivery of large cross functional projects spanning teams and divisions in Audible and outside of Audible (Amazon teams).
· You will collaborate to define core business objectives in order to deliver the best product, program or project with the most efficient use of company resources.
· Work with cross functional teams technology, business and operations to manage multiple projects that have conflicting needs / priorities, from concept to launch.
· You will collaborate to define the technical architecture of solutions for mobile devices.
· Work with technical astuteness, be detailed oriented and proactive in seeking open issues in the projects and drive subsequent closure.
· Communicate project risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams consistently and transparently.
· Strive constantly to improve and establish a new bar in performance (using objective metrics) in project execution.
· You actively mentor more junior members of the team, improving their skills, their knowledge of our systems, and their ability to get things one.
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· 9+ years of experience within software engineering and at least 2 years of experience in Mobile Application Development environment.
· 4+ years of experience managing agile software projects as a manager of software development.
· Prior experience in building enterprise scale Mobile Applications.
· Prior experience in working with an Agile Tool enabled team (CI/CD/Automated Tests etc).
· Understanding of current Mobile Ecosystem (CarPlay, Watch, HomeKit, SiriKit etc).
· Able to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
· Detailed oriented and communication focused to ensure that project success is paramount.
· Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to disagree, yet align, when dealing with different stakeholders.
· Results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We’re changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we’ve redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it’s our people who make Audible’s service possible. We’re listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us