Mission Control exists to gather and grow community. We do this by empowering organizations to build and engage their communities through recreational esports with our B2B Esports Community Management Platform.
More specifically, Mission Control is a B2B SaaS platform for rec league esports. For players, it is a mobile app where gamers can join recreational gaming leagues, similar to their local adult softball league or college intramurals – but with video games. Gamers join leagues hosted by organizations like local parks departments, college recreation departments, LAN Centers, or other groups. Mission Control manages the league schedule, validates scores, and determines the champion while also serving as a forum for league members and friends.
On the other side, organizations use Mission Control to gather their community, host leagues of various game titles, and manage their esports operations. Mission Control is a great tool for organizations to expand their recreational offerings, create new revenue streams, and learn more about their community.
Mission Control places high value on the character and culture of its team, and is made up of driven, playful, open, and curious teammates.
The Mobile App Developer will play an integral role in building an esports community mobile application that is the first of its kind serving the recreation gaming space. This position will lead the development of the iOS application on a small multi-functional development team while the company and development team grows around it. This is the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a startup with huge potential.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Write pragmatic, high-quality, testable code
- Collaborate with peers on brainstorms, technical design discussions, pair programming sessions and code reviews.
- Collaborate with a product and design team to create solutions for our users.
- Work in native mobile environments.
- Work with API’s built for mobile consumption.
- Work with a modern technology stack that includes Swift.
- Work in a CI/CD environment.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to support mobile apps.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related work experience
- 2-3 years of experience with Swift (iOS Development)
- Experience with UX/UI and how that applies to mobile app development.
- Demonstrable portfolio of released apps in the App Store
- Capable of working in an Agile environment.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Creative problem solver and risk taker
- Entrepreneurial mindset and drive
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrives in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Is a driven, playful, open, curious teammate
Benefits and Other Notes:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance is included with this position
- Company equity may be included with this position
- Paid Time Off is included with this position
- Remote work or Flexible work in St. Louis