Title: Mobile Development Manager
Reports to: Director/VP of Engineering
One of the fastest growing companies in the Tri-State, DMG is a recognized Top Workplace, and among the Top Privately Held Companies with a 50% increase in sales volume in the last year alone. We are a national leader in Facilities Maintenance, but we consider ourselves a technology company, handling thousands of properties across the country from one, centralized location in Newport, KY. Using cutting edge technology, we attract new customers daily.
As a Mobile Dev Manager, you will join our product and technology team to provide effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership and coaching skills to support the development process and delivery of our DMG applications. Lead through a talented team of mobile developers, you’ll drive your people, process, and outcomes, collaborating with teams across DMG to ship amazing features for DMG mobile users.
- Enable your team of iOS and Android engineers to ship features quickly and safely, providing them with the tooling and processes needed for success.
- Drive technical excellence, pushing innovation and quality.
- Grow your team members careers and keep them engaged.
- Support your team by holding regular one on ones, giving context on priorities, collaborating with other teams, unblocking projects, and resolving conflicts.
- Be both a technical leader and people manager responsible for guiding your team to make pragmatic technical decisions for DMG’s mobile clients.
- Help to prioritize and coordinate the team’s work alongside your product management and design peers.
- Collaborate with other DMG development teams to build features on iOS and Android clients.
- Work with your engineering manager peers to continuously improve DMG’s engineering team and processes.
More About You
- U.S. Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study
- 2-3 years of mobile engineering development and management experience. Experience managing a high-performing organization of 6-8 engineers. Experience managing remote employees
- Hands on experience in using react native , REST or gRPC, Kafka or similar event sourcing platforms
- Guiding your teams in understanding the right metrics to track and improve.
- Experience setting an incredibly high bar for excellence across your engineering team and putting systems in place to measure against that bar.
- Customer focus. A passion for understanding customers and their needs. Empathizing with our customers is crucial in order to build the right set of engineering practices at DMG.
- Experience leading teams executing on product development, or working very closely with product development teams, as you’ll be working closely with ours.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: written and verbal, in–person, and remote.
- Thrive when developing people, not just products.
- Adept at prioritizing and balancing multiple projects in a constantly evolving environment.
At DMG: we exist to provide uninterrupted peace of mind for our customers and for each other. All the way, every day. If you have the courage to hold yourself accountable, if you can help drive our growth by identifying new customers, maintaining and servicing valued ones, and achieving strategic goals to benefit your bottom line and ours, if you want to work in a fast-paced, positive environment, you WILL be rewarded.