Sense’s mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by making homes smart and more efficient. Our energy data and tools demystify home energy use, empower people to take command of their usage, and enable utilities to build a cleaner and more resilient grid.
To accomplish this mission, we are building an AI and automation platform for home energy infrastructure. Come join our team and ship a great consumer product built on our unique machine learning technology. We have a wide range of interesting technical challenges, a deep stack that spans embedded, native mobile, web, and the cloud, and a team of highly curious, collaborative engineers who enjoy solving hard problems together. If the idea of having a significant positive impact on the product (and climate) sounds exciting to you, let’s talk!
What you’ll do
As an iOS engineer at Sense, you’ll use your expertise to help us build the next generation of the Sense mobile experience, including:
- Collaborate with the product team to translate UX and visual designs into beautiful and intuitive native iOS UIs
- Empower users to understand their homes through rich, performant real-time data visualizations
- Integrate with our monitor hardware using Bluetooth LE
- Coordinate closely with other mobile developers to ensure design and implementation is shared appropriately across Sense apps
- Work with the rest of the engineering team on the specification of server and monitor APIs to support new app functionality
- Participate in all phases of the app lifecycle: new feature development for and enhancement of existing apps, initial implementation of new apps, testing, deployment and bug fixing
- Professional experience, 4 to 7 years with iOS development (Swift, with Objective C a plus)
- Successful collaboration with mid to large software teams
- Nice to haves:
- Experience with Bluetooth LE
- Experience with custom graphics/UI
- Android development experience
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Competitive compensation and generous healthcare benefits.
- Flexible hours.
- Paid parental leave.
- Remote or local/hybrid in our Cambridge Central Square office (re-opening summer 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19).
Sense supports a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech, and we strive to foster an engaging, respectful and supportive community where everyone feels empowered to do their best work. Sense is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
Sense is a growing VC-backed startup with an experienced leadership team and revolutionary machine learning technology.
- Best Startups in Cambridge – Tech Tribune
- “One of the world’s top 100 AI companies” – VentureBeat
- Clean Tech Company of the Year – New England Venture Capital Association
- 50 on Fire – BostInno
- Top 100 – Red Herring
- Best Consumer AI Technology – AI Dev World
- Global Cleantech 100