We are building a cutting-edge cloud experience for engineers on top of AWS. We run multiple teams developing an integrated suite of products, enabling a seamless experience developing, deploying and operating software at Scout24. These products include container platforms, deployment infrastructure, CI/CD servers, tooling for feature toggles, monitoring and more.
We are looking for a Platform Engineer who is passionate about the developer experience. You want to make it as seamless as possible for Scout24 and ImmoScout24 developers to craft applications that delight home sellers, buyers, and renters. In this role, you will be the bridge between our platform teams and our product development community. Your aim will be two-fold: (1) help developers and product teams gain the best value and service from our internal Tech Platform*, and (2) provide platform teams better understanding of the operational, business, and technical needs of Product Engineering.
This is a brand-new role in Platform Engineering, so you will have the opportunity to shape it and make it your own.
What we need from you:
- Participate in regular discovery, design and development of the Tech Platform.
- Build relationships with key technical contributors withinproduct teams.
- Help design and execute strategies to drive adoption of our platform products.
- Pair with internal product engineers to learn more about their needs and problems.
- Create and conduct training to empower the Scout24 developer community around efficiently and reliably developing, building, and running applications.
What you need to bring:
- Solid technical background: You’ve coded and can explain technical choices.
- Collaborative approach: Ability to work effectively with diverse engineering teams.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal, visual): You can explain technical ideas and tailor that technical level to your audience.
- Familiarity with Cloud: You’ve built and operated systems on AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Desire to keep technical skills up-to-date: You want to contribute to the platform.
- Growth mindset: You love learning and seek opportunities to grow.