In this role the professional engineer will be working as part of the Gaia Cassandra Engineering team to act as a primary authority for Cassandra knowledge and client solutions. In addition, this role will help develop smart automation and self service capabilities to operate the Apache Cassandra at massive scale. This includes the ability to engage with technical leaders across the company to make JP Morgan Chase best-in-class consumers by developing complex software to deliver and operate Apache Cassandra.
You’ll be instrumental in solving more difficult technical issues, developing integration elements, building data models, APIs, and open 3rd-party SDKs. You’ll see your ideas come to life as part of a small success-driven team. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world to tackle big challenges. In this role the professional engineer will be working as part of the Gaia Cassandra Engineering team to act as a primary authority for Cassandra knowledge and client solutions. In addition, this role will help develop smart automation and self service capabilities to operate Apache Cassandra at massive scale. This includes the ability to engage with technical leaders across the company to make JP Morgan Chase best-in-class consumers by developing complex software to deliver and operate Apache Cassandra.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced Experience with Apache Cassandra through any number of channels including Opensource contributions, SRE development, and/or data modelling.
* Understanding of other distributed database and systems is a plus
* Provide technical expertise throughout the software lifecycle including design implementation and delivery
* Understanding cloud virtualization APIs and modern software languages
* Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages:
+ Java (required)
* Experience with developing frameworks that helps increasing developer and release velocity improving code health and technical standards
* Advanced experience working with two or more from the following:
+ web application development
+ unix/linux environments
+ distributed and parallel systems
+ information retrieval
+ large scale software development
+ security software development
* Understanding or have experience with agile and lean philosophies
* Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with clear communication
* Ability to collaborate with people in different roles from operations/development all the way up through senior executive management
* Experience with automation and configuration management tools such as SaltStack and Ansible or similar tools including basic knowledge of Linux configuration and operations
* Knowledge of concepts related to Database Reliability Engineering (DBRE)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans