When you run operations for the world’s largest hotel search, it takes a lot of work to keep things running smoothly. When waves of technical problems come crashing down, we need an experienced and enthusiastic tech-head who can make sure that our ship stays on course. We are looking for a Principal System Architect to be responsible for influencing and collaborating with multiple teams in order to identify and provide the best solutions and infrastructure.
Can you help guide us to brighter shores? Then we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Tackle some of the leading software and system issues in a multi-region large scale environment and highly dynamic environment.
- Advise and collaborate with our different product teams in order to provide the best solutions and infrastructure.
- Help us to stay one step ahead: You’ll be encouraged to challenge our current processes and consider what we can do differently.
- Share your ideas, research new trends, and work on projects to help us improve.
- If your suggestions work on a small scale, you’ll get to see them implemented in data centers and Cloud regions around the globe and make a difference to the experience of 120 million monthly users.
What you’ll definitely need:
- An excellent communicator and solution-oriented mindset: You can quickly identify pain points and remediate them.
- 7+ years’ work experience in a large scale environment.
- A solid understanding of Linux or UNIX/FreeBSD.
- A good understanding of Cloud technologies and containerised workloads.
- A profound DevOps mindset paired with solid knowledge of systems architecture and infrastructure.
- The ability to handle the pressure of big responsibility and tight deadlines.
- A proactive personality: we want someone who will speak their mind, think along with the teams and ask questions.
- A good eye for efficiency gains through automation.
What we’d love you to have:
- Work experience in one or more of the following fields: Software Engineering, DevOps/Automation, Designing reusable platforms, Web Infrastructure and Open Source.
- Proficiency in Google Cloud.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our campus in Düsseldorf: At least 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week.
Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected].
We look forward to your application!