We’re looking for someone with a passion for programming and writing beautiful code to join the rest of our exceptional Engineering Department. Ruby on Rails Developers are responsible for the backend coding of all business logic, UI/UX APIs, Rest APIs, billing, and related systems. We expect successful candidates to learn the RoR codebase and be able to contribute code meaningfully within a short time. Motivated RoR Developers will be on a track to grow into Senior Ruby on Rails positions within our Individual Contributor track.
- Support direct manager
- Work independently and concisely to achieve goals
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- Generate specifications from business requirements and execute
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment, and meet required schedules and timelines.
- 3-5 years development with Ruby on Rails, along with other commonly used languages
- Emphasis on billing, asynchronous, and rapid-scaling systems
- Emphasis on large, distributed systems
- Experience working remotely and an ability to deliver on-spec and on-time
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
As a fully remote company all employees must have the ability to work on a computer for most of their workday including engaging in video conferencing.
Travel: Occasional travel requested.
SignalWire, Inc is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace employer.. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.