Job Profile Summary:
Western Governors University is a leader in using Salesforce in higher education. We heavily use and rely on the platform for student success and process automation. The System Administrator reports to the Manager of Salesforce Administration and performs system administration to maximize our investment in a very large and complex Salesforce instance.
The primary focus of this position is to administer the salesforce.com environment ensuring users have access and training. The position will also assist in maintaining the customization portion of salesforce.com. An administrator will understand basic Salesforce standardization tasks and will apply them in under close supervision of management.
By giving vision, training, and technical direction, our administrators help establish excellent relations with our business units involved with the Salesforce platform.
*Current WGU employees must submit their internal application prior to 9/13/2021 to be considered for this position*
- Typically requires a technical university degree or equivalent experience.
- 2 years of prior relevant work experience or advanced degree.
- Advanced degrees (Master’s or PhD) may be required for certain disciplines and reduce the experience requirement by 2-4 years.
Department Specific Minimum Qualifications:
- 1+ year experience as a Salesforce.com administrator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Salesforce.com certification
- System administrations experience a strong plus.
- Experience with SOQL (Salesforce Object Query Language).
- Salesforce.com Administrator or Advanced Administrator Certification.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform system administration, configuration, and support for Salesforce.
- Manage and perform all Salesforce deployments.
- Ensure proper deployment rollback/recovery plans exist at all times.
- Resolve any Salesforce issues submitted into WGU’s ticketing systems.
- Review developer code and Salesforce deployment packages to ensure best practices and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure proper backups of Salesforce data are retained for disaster recovery.
- Create and maintain documentation for the Salesforce infrastructure systems, policies and procedures.
- Refresh development “Sandboxes”/orgs regularly.
- Maintain data integrity in all Salesforce orgs.
- Work closely with the Salesforce team lead, application manager, and developers to resolve system issues.
- Participate in and serve as a resource for any Salesforce related projects.
- May be required to work occasional evenings and weekend hours to support production releases and resolve system issues.
- Provide mentoring to less experienced Salesforce Administrators.
- Assist management with vetting, selecting and implementing new Salesforce related technology solutions.
- 24/7/365 on-call duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of Apex and Visual Force development methods.
- Basic knowledge of Salesforce API.
- Basic knowledge of SOQL (Salesforce Object Query Language).
- Basic knowledge of both Sales and Service Cloud applications.
- Intermediate/advanced spreadsheet and data manipulation abilities.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and Outlook.
- Self-starter with a strong ability to use initiative and work autonomously under tight commercially sensitive deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer focus.