The ‘Software Engineer’ in Test (SDET) role is a core member of the software development team and participates in the complete development lifecycle process. Develops, implements, and sustains test automation scripts, processes, practices, and controls in support of customer facing T-Mobile digital applications including web and mobile app throughout the development and sustainment lifecycles. SDET resources must be able to create high quality, maintainable, and performance code for automated test cases and the frameworks to execute and report them.
- Closely coordinates with both Dev and Ops regarding testing practices and ensuring quality thresholds are met.
- Participate in user story grooming, understand requirements, identifying if there are any gaps.
- Understanding test cases written by UAT resources to identify the scenario’s to automate.
- Convert the test cases into reporter logs
- Creates automated scripts using Selenium, Java, TestNG for web and Appium on mobile native applications
- Executes automated and manual tests as needed to provide an ongoing measure of the quality of the product
- Ensures automated tests are integrated into the Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
- Feed the automation scripts to regression suite by mapping them with UAT regression suite for page level and E2E level
- Code reviews, removing flakiness in scripting, identifying required data for regression needs if not already exists, identifying causes for failure rate working closely with automation architect to find solutions and implementing
- Grows and maintains technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training
- 5+ years of QA experience, with good communication skills.
- 2+ years of experience developing end-to-end testing frameworks for web, mobile, and web services
- Hands on automation scripting experience using Selenium, TestNG, Rest Assured, Appium, Webdriver IO, Cypress, Protractor, Mocha, Jasmin, Eclipse, VSCode, ItelliJ, Grafana, Sauce Labs, Rest Assured, Postman, Cucumber, Jasmin etc
- Strong software testing experience and good awareness of QA concepts across test planning, scripting and execution
- Agile development mindset and approach with an experience using Jira and scrum methodology is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to decompose complex problems and perform root cause analyses.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Technical Discipline
- Equivalent experience considered
- Seattle, Atlanta, Reston or KC.