This hands-on cloud security architect will focus on enterprise multi-cloud security challenges with experience across AWS, Azure, and GCP. This team partners closely with all verticals across the firm to assist with building security into our products. The right individual loves teamwork and collaborating across the organization to identify, communicate, remediate and prioritize our engineering and data. This person will use their knowledge and experience to meet people where they are to drive effective change across the organization.
* Define the cloud security vision and strategy
* Provide security architectural guidance for clients migrating to AWS (primarily), Azure, or GCP
* Assess existing AWS deployments and identify security improvements from an SDLC/MDLC approach
* Assist cloud security practice in improving service offerings
* Assess functioning of overall technology and communications systems and end-to-end processes and to look for ways to upgrade and optimize systems and processes in the future.
* Hands on support of Configuration Management tools such as CloudFormation and TerraForm
* Continuous review of existing security architecture and provide recommendations for enhancements, changes, & additions.
* Act as the security liaison and technical SME to help internal organizations build security into their products and services.
* Advise developers and architects on security best practices in cloud applications.
* Perform threat modeling, architecture & design reviews on services and applications as required.
* Provide mentoring and cross training to other Security practitioners
* Ensure team knowledge and experience with AWS services remains current
* Stay up to date with the latest vulnerabilities, exploits, security trends and general changes in technology to provide guidance on how these affect the security of our business.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Experience building an enterprise security strategy for cloud adoption or driving the program’s evolution to meet new requirements
* AWS knowledge must include networking, encryption, identity and access management, and automation
* AWS experience must include IAM, Lambda, GuardDuty, CloudTrail, VPC networking (DX, Transit Gateway, VPN, Peering), KMS, GuardDuty, and other security related services
* Development knowledge or experience with Terraform or CloudFormation
* Experience developing Lambda functions (Python preferred)
* Experience working through audits and assessments in the cloud
* Experience working with enterprise-level systems in order to design cloud equivalent enterprise-grade solutions
* AWS Certified Solution Architect and/or AWS Certified Security Specialist preferred.
* Experience architecting, implementing, and designing cloud security capabilities in areas of IAM, endpoint security, network security, data protection and application security practices and environments within AWS.
* Experience migrating workloads into AWS from other clouds (public or private) as well as traditional on-prem solutions.
* Hands-on experience capable of creating proof-of-concepts in AWS
* Experience leading threat modeling exercises and conducting design reviews of large scalable systems.
* Complete understanding of industry-wide technology strategies and best practices
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Expertise in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans