Patron Technology is a remote-friendly company. This position is open to any candidate in North America.
WHO WE ARE:
Patron Technology empowers event organizers to take control of their entire event experience with our virtually limitless technology solution. Using our powerful ticketing, experiential marketing, mobile apps, and cashless products, organizers transform how audiences experience their events, drive nonstop engagement, and reach new audiences around the world. That’s why iconic brands like New York Comic Con, Coachella, Museum of Ice Cream, the National Hockey League (NHL), and Dreamforce use our suite of integrated event technology to power their events.
With the events industry poised for a huge comeback we’re looking for a knowledgeable DevOps engineer to come join our DevOps/SRE team, where you’ll be supporting a variety of products keeping them up-to-date with the latest Infrastructure/DevOps/SIEM technologies. Our DevOps team spans multiple continents with flexible hours to help support our fellow engineers, clients and management staff on bringing our products to the masses.
AS A SENIOR DEVOPS / SRE ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
An average week in the DevOps team may include standing up a kubernetes cluster for a new product, helping engineering team members spin up dev environments, writing autoscaling rules, analysing malicious traffic, discussing cost-saving measures for infrastructure, researching new technologies or paradigms. Everything is on the table when it comes to new ways we can innovate and stay agile.
Our ideal candidate is someone that loves to keep up with the latest in the field, contributes to open-source (even if that’s just being active on GH Issues), trawls reddit, stackoverflow, habr.com. Loves solving challenging problems, and is able to work unsupervised.
Sounds interesting? Let’s talk.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 5+ years experience in managing RHEL and Ubuntu systems in hardened environments
- 2+ years AWS Experience (EC2, RDS, Elasticache, VPC, IAM, ECS)
- Writing scripts in (Bash, Go or Python) ideally have some coding experience.
- 1-2 years docker/containerd (Writing Dockerfiles, Docker Compose, Orchestration)
- Automating build pipelines, deployments and monitoring
- Writing ansible playbooks and terraform for managing infrastructure or similar tools
- Diagnosing low-level systems issues and tuning performance
Candidates should also be able to demonstrate the following abilities.
- Ability to work with application developers to help plan infrastructure needs and deployment strategies early in the development process
- Ability to go off and research a new technology and provide a well thought out cost/benefit analysis.
- Excellent communication skills; collaborative and personable – happy to help take a lead on projects and provide mentoring.
TECH WE USE:
The following outlines some of the technologies we employ at Patron Technology for the DevOps / SRE teams.
- Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, Amazon Linux 2)
- Kubernetes, EKS and ECS
- FreeIPA / LDAP
- AWS, Azure, Cloudflare
- Elasticsearch, Kibana
- Jenkins, Github Actions