As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You’ll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
As a DevOps / SRE engineer you will join the Data Engineering team (part of the Engineering and Architecture organization in the Corporate and Investment Bank). You will be responsible for delivering solutions to our clients in CIB technology, QR and Data Analytics. We are engineering cutting edge solutions in meta-data & data to model, track and deliver Data in Place and Data in Motion solutions. Our work facilitates data modelling, lineage & transporting data at scale on Cloud technologies, capturing Models & APIs in our Model Repository and building automation and tooling to control and evolve them. As part of Engineering & Architecture we are at the forefront of defining & driving adoption of the latest technology and best practice throughout the CIB.
Your role is to work with our Application Development and DevOps teams to deliver & support our solutions in production. Your deep knowledge of DevOps and SRE best practices, resiliency, technology controls, architecture, continuous delivery, application programming & testing will help our team meet JP Morgan’s standards, controls and our client’s requirements. You will work as part of a global and diverse team, with clients across the globe.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Deep understanding of SRE philosophy, technologies, platforms and tools, SLA management, incident resolution, and automation
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
* Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages: Java, Python, or Scripting languages
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
* 10+ years hands-on experience of scripting & software development in a modern language
* Professional experience in two or more of the following areas:
+ Hands-on experience with cloud-based applications, technologies, and tools, deployment, monitoring and operations, such as Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana, etc.
+ Relational and NoSQL databases; developing and managing operations leveraging key event streaming, messaging and DB services such as Oracle, Cassandra, MQ/Kafka, RDS, etc.
+ Networking (Security, Load Balancing, Network Routing Protocols, etc.)
+ Developing monitoring tools and log analysis tools to manage operations
* Hands-on experience with Linux and Cloud technologies
* Experience using and developing software build scripting: Maven, Gradle or SBT
* Knowledge of software automation and tooling
* Ability to collaborate with teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Understanding and hands-on experience with cloud & container technology
* Familiarity with Docker / Kubernetes / micro-services / Kafka a plus
* Primary responsibility for the team’s continuous delivery strategy to cloud
* Design, code, test, and deliver software to automate manual operational work
* Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
* Engage with development team throughout the lifecycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
* Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
* Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
* Coach teams as applicable
* Participate in support coverage as needed
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans