You thrive on solving enterprise-level problems and managing modern cloud SaaS applications is in your wheelhouse. You want the opportunity to play a key role in developing a best in class DevOps organization. To build from the ground up, using serverless technologies to rethink the way we build and deploy applications. You want to build a resilient platform that will stand the test of time.
If this resonates with you, perhaps you’re one of us.
Our infrastructure engineering team designs and builds a platform to rapidly deploy microservices with a serverless cloud-native and multi-tenanted architecture on AWS. We’re looking for expertise operating cloud architectures at scale, building deployment systems to enable engineering teams to work efficiently, and serious interest in having fun.
What will you do?
- Contribute business insight, design skills, and technical expertise to a team where design, strategy, and engineering collaborate closely
- Work across several products and teams to build deployment systems, frameworks, tools, and utilities to streamline operational efficiency for Ridgeline and our customers
- Impact a developing tech stack based on modern front-end frameworks and cost-efficient utilization of AWS back-end services
- Be involved in the entire API driven software development process, from requirements gathering and design reviews to implementation of a new product
- Work directly with customers to capture, manage, and prioritize key business and operational metrics and translate their needs to the engineering team
- Think creatively, own problems, seek solutions, and communicate clearly along the way
- Contribute to a collaborative environment deeply rooted in learning, teaching, and transparency
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years experience in a software engineering role or similar function, with a track record of building, maintaining, and launching new offerings on AWS
- Expertise coding in Python or Go
- Ability to build, deploy and scale software using microservice-based architectures
- Experience with common CI/CD tools: Gitlab, Jenkins, Git, Chef
- Deep expertise building Infrastructure as Code using tools like Terraform and CloudFormation
- Willingness to learn about cutting-edge technologies while cultivating expertise in a business domain/problem space
- Ability to engage with engineering, product management, professional services, and strategy teams to help establish and achieve team goals
- Understand customer needs and gather product requirements to develop and enhance existing products
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- A self-motivated and strong collaborator, with the ability to manage expectations and conflicting needs
- A commitment to making sure customer needs prevail over egos, politics, and assumptions
- Computer science, information science technical, or related degree
- Know your way around the UNIX command line
- Certifications in AWS and Linux
- Experience with working with operations teams in the financial services industry
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience managing multi-tenanted cloud SaaS applications