A pioneer in the FinTech world, 100x is the result of the phenomenal success of BitMEX, the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
The BitMEX trading platform represents the cornerstone of 100x. As the world’s most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem of 100x Group companies, through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.
The Trading Engine sits at the core of the BitMEX platform and handles all brokerage and trading aspects. The Engine team is responsible for order management, risk checking, position keeping, PNL calculations, pricing (derivatives), risk management, market data distribution, order matching, and settlement.
100x Group is building a best in class Technology team to help us scale the BitMEX trading platform to millions of users and millions of transactions per second. We are looking for experts in low latency trading system development, microservice architectures, and scaling.
- Greenfield and brownfield design and development of a number of micro-service based electronic trading system components across order handling, order matching, market data, smart order routing
- New feature implementation, bug fixing, and performance tuning
- Working closely with KDB+ development team on overall architectural design of the Trading Technology stack
You follow good principles of software engineering like TDD, writing modular, maintainable, clean code, and are used to working in an Agile environment.
- Strong engineering skill set with firm grasp of fundamental Computer Science principles and a test-driven approach to software development
- 5+ years programming experience writing latency sensitive applications in Java or equivalent experience in another OO language, with some experience of Java
- 3+ years financial experience at a Hedge Fund, Investment Bank, or Exchange building matching engines, electronic trading systems, algo trading systems, or market data systems
- Experience working in and performance tuning a Linux environment
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities within a fast moving industry and startup culture
- Nice to have: experience building microservice architecture systems, test automation, derivatives pricing, scaling, operating system and network layer performance tuning, BDD, KDB+, experience with OpenHFT Chronicle, LMAX Disruptor, or similar libraries.
- Computer Science / Engineering degree preferable