ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money® is building a happier and more equitable financial ecosystem that seamlessly blends psychology, technology, and a focus on happiness to help consumers go from borrower to saver, investor, and giver. The company provides a path toward improving financial well-being and securing greater happiness – beginning with paying off credit card debt – through its science-enabled, purpose-driven marketplace between mission-aligned capital and consumers.
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, Tencent Holdings and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped nearly 150,000 members pay off more than $2.7 billion in credit card debt since inception through its award-winning Payoff Loan™. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has a diverse employee base of over 350 people across the United States.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Develop and build products that provide an exceptional customer experience for our members
- Lead a team of 6-10 Engineers and Tech leads for the backend system
- Own development and delivery of complex projects across multiple systems
- Participate in the hiring process and refine the process as needed
- Help develop, mentor, and evaluate engineering staff
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, including QA, deployment and bug-fixing
- Collaborate with team to architect, build, and document products that improve our members’ lives
- Understand the tradeoffs inherent in software development
- 10+ years of professional experience of leading a team of software engineers with full lifecycle software development
- Successfully implemented a microservice-based architecture as part of system build out
- Strong experience with at least one SQL and one NoSQL variant, e.g. PostGres, MySQL, Mongo, Cassandra
- Strong experience with Agile and Lean software engineering methodologies and able to mentor others in these practices
- Strong organizational skills, Influential skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
- Excellent communication, planning & collaboration skills
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- Development of high volume consumer facing mission-critical sites, systems, or processes
- Experience with financial systems or Loan Origination Systems
- Hands-on experience with Apache Kafka, Spark and/or Hadoop StackJava and Spring Boot development
- Comfortable using the Atlassian stack (i.e. JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
Here at Happy Money, we live by our core values of Love, Trust, and Hustle and welcome all. Love is shown in how we develop meaningful relationships with everyone we interact with; whether it’s a member or your manager. Trust is shown through how we empower each other to come to work as our true selves and embrace our differences. Hustle is shown through how we fail fast and learn from our mistakes. No one is perfect, we’re all human; if this job description doesn’t exactly match your background, we encourage you to apply anyway!