Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Audibles Quality Assurance organization promotes product quality, and organizational quality ownership thru well-defined measurable processes, comprehensive quality assessment and identification of risk. In addition, the organization provides tools and infrastructure needed to support agile feature delivery, improve quality and increase engineer productivity. The team includes Quality Assurance Engineers, Quality Assurance Technicians and Software Engineers working side by side with Software Development Engineers, Product Managers, User Experience, and Customer Support staff to understand features, bugs, customer usage, and technical implementation to deliver high quality products to our customers.
Audible Web & Internationalization (i18n) QA team is responsible for validating Customer Experiences across all of the US and International marketplaces, and supporting Audible Business, Marketing and Engineering teams to expand Audibles presence into various marketplaces. Customer Obsession principle is in our DNA to advocate for and enhance the Customers Experiences on Audible and Amazon platforms including Web, Mobile and Native Apps. We simulate and continuously improve the Customers End to End journey by delivering high quality consumer facing products.
As a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, you will:
· Drive the creation and execution of test strategy, test plans, test cases as well as utilize automated tools to optimize the STLC.
· Perform exploratory testing, automate repetitive tasks and work side by side with software development engineers to deliver high quality product to Audible customers.
· Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality.
· Efficiently execute test cases across all functional and UI areas of our products.
· Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution.
· Measure, interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
· 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer or SDET.
· Hands on experience with test automation using a programming or scripting language (Java or Python preferred).
· Experience owning the full test strategy through test completion for major components of a software systems.
· Communication skills ability to communicate cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields.
· Solid grounding in computer science fundamentals.
· Must be able to thrive in an ambiguous environment – where change is the only constant.
· Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, collaborate with other test and development teams.
· Must be an effective multi-tasker comfortable working on multiple products and projects.
· Experience in testing and test automation for consumer facing applications and devices.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We’re changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we’ve redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it’s our people who make Audible’s service possible. We’re listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.